Luxuries you don't enjoy

I don’t like massages either, but not because of intimacy or being touched or pain, but because they do nothing for me. Every massage I’ve had I felt the exact same afterwards, neither better nor worse, so they just seemed pointless. Maybe it had something to do with my being very thin at that time, so I basically had no muscles anyway.

Or maybe you didn’t have any problem amenable to being improved with massage. I’ve had a wide range of outcomes, from literally enough taller that i had to adjust my car mirrors, and relief from pain I’d had for days, to “nothing much”.

I enjoy the process. I generally like being touched. But i don’t enjoy it enough to be worth the price. I do it for pain relief.

A Flowbee ain’t automated, but it’s pretty close!

That’s exactly what I thought of, too!

My wife bought me a couple of Invicta watches, great quality, they run $100-$200. One has a Swiss movement. But after that, it is just a status symbol.

Regarding the ridiculously expensive Swiss watches, I could appreciate that they are entirely mechanical and that they tell time (along with whatever other complications there are) using tiny gears and other elements. I can’t imagine ever spending that kind of money but right now, a twenty-dollar expense wouldn’t be a problem. So if I was rich enough, a $50,000 watch might not be a problem.

Doctors and Dentists.

Invicta watches (mostly) do that same, for way way less.

I got a beat up convertible, a clean t-shirt and a jug of Boone’s Farm. There’s a traveling carnival next county over. When should I pick you up?

Q: Why does the T-shirt have to be clean for this momentous occasion? :wink:

My other t-shirt is no longer legally allowed to cross county lines.

But I bet it’s old enough. :wink:

My sister’s wearing the good shoes today, but as soon as she gets back from the Piggly Wiggly, I’ll get the dogs put away and be ready to go!

Aren’t you supposed to NOT inhale??

well, maybe I should have said “puff”?

I really don’t know the in’s and out’s of cigars. I flee as if from a wildfire if I smell one.

On the contrary, I went to a hamam just last November in Istanbul, and it was a wonderful experience. We went to the Cağaloğlu Hamam, which was built in 1741. The architecture was phenomenal. They had pictures of the many celebrities who have been there, from Florence Nightingale and Franz Liszt; Turkey’s first president Mustafa Atatürk, Kaiser Wilhelm II, and King Edward VII; to Harrison Ford, Oprah Winfrey, and Cameron Diaz.

It has catered to men and women since its founding with separate men’s and women’s sections. (There was another even older hamam we considered, but they did men and women on alternate days, which was not convenient for our travel plans.)

Anyway, you do the whole thing naked or covered with a towel. There is some light beating. :thinking: But I came out feeling great and I have never been that squeaky clean in my life.

I would go back to Istanbul just for the hamam experience.

I didn’t even know Tom Ford was some kind of designer frame… They were the nicest looking/fitting frames in the place, and I just carped about how expensive frames were getting when I found out the price. Didn’t find out until later they were some hoity-toity designer frames…

I expect that some people will look at the designer name first and only second consider if the frames work for them.

Very good point =) It is flavorless and useless.

About the only thing gilded I will bother with is the silver and gold gilt Jordan Almonds that one gets at weddings.