MAD: Anyone going to the Maryland Ren Faire?

October 4th it is for me; we’ll probably be there early enough (@11 AM). I’ve only been the one time so far, so don’t really know where would be a good meeting place. I suspect that just inside the gates would be good, but sometimes that can be crowded? Any suggestions for a meeting place? :slight_smile: I’ll be with a co-worker and my daughter, btw.

I would love to go :smiley:

Who will be going in garb? I’m making a pirate costume for Halloween… maybe I should try to hurry it up a bit and wear that…

How hot will it be in early October? I never can remember these things…

I’m on the fence, and may decide the afternoon of the 3rd whether I’m going or not. (In other words, if I go I’ll get my own ticket. A Lesson Learned from my trip last year.)

I won’t be in costume. The weather varies a lot in fall, it could be 80 it could be 60, so you won’t know until you get a weather forecast.

As for a meeting place… I don’t know. Opal if you want, you should have my cell phone number (in the FFF staff contacts), so if you show up later, call me and I’ll let you know where we are. As for anyone else, I can email my number to you RT and you can give it to others that you know. I trust your judgement, same with you Opal.

I have to have my cell with me, I’ll probably be on-call at work, although usually I just have to give instructions instead of having to actually run to work. If that happens, I have another supervisor I can get to run in for me, he owes me several days of covering his on-call.

The 4th is fine with me, too.

Others will have to decide on a meeting place as I’m a novice at this whole thing; and I definitely won’t be in costume (except for the bells).

Scratch me off the list - I won’t be in town that weekend. And the next weekend is the Annapolis Sailboat Show, so that’s taken on our schedule too. But I hope someone takes pics and posts them!

Likely story, FCM - you’re just claiming to be out of town so you won’t have to be seen with us. We’re on to you. :slight_smile:

Glad to see so many of you are still interested - I wasn’t sure if we were still on for this, or what. Who_me?, we can trade cell #'s when the time gets closer; otherwise, I’ll just lose track of where I have it between now and then.

Revising the list:

Definites:
tarragon918 and daughter and co-worker**
Who_me?
AnitaVacation
OpalCat
RTFirefly
dctaz**

Maybes:
Scuba_Ben

People who said back in August that they’d like to go on 10/4:
AnnaLucretia (plus co-worker and wife)
dctaz
Theios
(and The Green Feather?)
Tranquilis and Intaglio
AngelHeart
Miss Mapp
norinew
krisolov
Skerri
(plus Boyfriend and Roomies)

People who expressed general interest back in August:
Jonathan Chance
El Marko
Kiger
birdgirl

I’ll be there on the 4th with my honny. not sure on costume. that is oktberfest weekend, and I just got back from one of the scottish days, it was a blast. I would suggest meeting at one of the taverns, white hart, or the dragon pub. they are just open areas with plenty of seating. plus, there is constant performances going on at the white hart, so we can grab a couple of tables, and just use it as a central command post type thing for everyone to do whatever from and come back to. that would be my suggestion.
as an aside, I was amazed at actually how cheap food and drinks were there compared to other venues I have been to recently.

I will be there on the 4th with my wife and nephew. I vote for the White Hart great live mucis and comedy.

I’m still up for the 4th. It’ll be me and the gf (Cleiko)for sure. Not sure about The Green Feather yet. Haven’t asked him, and the turkey went on vacation. I’ll bug him when he gets back.
I also vote for the White Hart. They always have the best beer, and last year they had belly dancers. Beer and belly dancers are very, very important.

It’s damned hard to disagree with a statement like that. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d say the White Hart will make a fine rendezvous point, once things get going. We’ll find out when we get there if we can hold down a table or two on an ongoing basis, but we can decide in advance on particular times that we’ll try to meet there, in case we can’t. Plus probably enough of us will have cell phones that we can keep loosely connected.

I don’t plan to be in costume, but miracles could happen, I suppose.

Revising the list again:

Definites:
Who_me?
AnitaVacation
OpalCat
RTFirefly
dctaz** and his honny**
Theios** and Cleiko (and possibly The Green Feather)
Moeman, wife, and nephew

Maybes:
Scuba_Ben

People who said back in August that they’d like to go on 10/4:
**AnnaLucretia **(plus co-worker and wife)
Tranquilis and Intaglio
AngelHeart
Miss Mapp
norinew
krisolov
Skerri

People who expressed general interest back in August:
Jonathan Chance
El Marko
Kiger
birdgirl

I’m still on for the 4th. I’m going to be with friends, but I plan to pop in at least for a few minutes and introduce myself. One of my friends is also an infrequent poster here.

Around what time are we thinking of getting together?

Add me and the Boyfriend and Roomies to the definite list. I am going to try to get there before noon, as long as I have the day off. (I will be confirming this on Monday.)

Woo!

I’m a MD Ren Fest regular - I go almost every weekend, and I always wear garb. My wife and I are good friends with one of the Pyrates (of the Pyrates Royale) and her hubby so we tend to hand out by the Pyrate camp a bit - which is but a stones-throw away from the White Hart Tavern.

Intaglio and I are still on for 10/4.

I have a friend who’s performing at the MD Renn Fest on 10/4, she’s part of a group that will be singing bawdy ballads.

So I’m definitely in. I’ll be wearing my PA Renn Faire Olympics shirt. I’ll aim to be there in time to watch the scene in front of the gates.

If the Six Flags thing conflicts, I’m afraid I’m choosing Six Flags over Ren Faire…

I went last weekend, and had a wonderful time! I will try to be there on October 4, but I may have a conflict with work (not too bad - driving a golf cart shaped like a mini Humvee around a parking lot and drinking free beer - for which they will pay me. I love my job.).

If you see Queen Margaret (Queen of Scotland, usually wandering around making faces at Anne Boleyn) well she’s my coworker’s wife. Anyone who went to Jonathan_Chance’s last Mountain Dope met her - real name is Anne.

Hope to see you there, but if not, hoist a pint for me!

Definites*:
Who_me?
AnitaVacation
RTFirefly
dctaz** and his honny**
Theios** and Cleiko (and possibly The Green Feather)
Moeman, wife, and nephew
Scuba_Ben
Tranquilis and Intaglio
Miss Mapp
Klytus
Skerri

*Includes people who’ll be there with other friends, and may or may not spend much time hanging with Dopers

People who are coming unless there’s a conflict with RollerDope:
OpalCat

Other Maybes:
**AnnaLucretia **

People who said back in August that they’d like to go on 10/4**:
AngelHeart
norinew
krisolov

**But haven’t been heard from lately.

Hadn’t forgotten about this get-together; I’ve just been mostly offline (and without electricity) thanks to Isabel.

I haven’t been by the actual Ren Faire site, but I was a couple miles away from there in Annapolis yesterday. That part of the area, like mine, didn’t look like it sustained much damage.