Mad Magazine movie and TV parody titles - Name some from memory

this one is very old…

Tales Calculated to Drive You Mad

Aside from some already mentioned, the only movie parody I got from memory is “Hack, Hack, Sweet Has-been” ("Hush, Hush, Sweet Charlotte).

But I also got the TV parodies, “Howdy Doo-it” and “Captain TVideo”.

“Son of Mighty Joe Kong.”

“You know what’s green and slimy and carries a rifle?”

“Mucus McCain”

(Not, for all I know, from Mad Magazine, but was going around in my jr. high school at the time.)

The Incredible Bulk.

What’s the Connection? (The French Connection)

We’ll Make A Fortune. (Wheel of Fortune)

Boobs Want To Be A Millionaire.

In Cold Blecch!

The Flying Nut.

Kojerk.

Crapper John, M. D.

Dorky Housecall.

A-knack-for-phobias.

Paltryguise.

Saturday Night Feeble.

Staying Awake

It’s Clear the President is a Danger. (Clear and Present Danger)

Gall in the Family Fare

An Officer Ain’t No Gentleman.

The F.I.B.

The blunder years comes immediately to mind to me though I recognized a lot of the others

//i\

you know its funny but these days being parodied by mad or weird al is considered that you’ve “made” it in in the entertainment industry

Although ive always enjoyed the social commentary more than the parodies (espically the "things that happen/you can do today that wouldn’t fly 25 -50 years ago type of articles )

Whoops! A quick perusal of the MAD Comic website reveals the title was Where Vultures Fare. :smack:

Sorry about that! :frowning:

In which the full text was plainly visible, and written in appropriate font.

Check out The Mad Comic Opera from 1960, just about the best thing ever in a magazine that should be villified for the raging homophobia that came to infest it in the 60’s and 70’s.

It says something about the impressionability of young minds, but I can still distinctly recall lyrics to song parodies from 1965.

My contribution: “Hello, Lyndon, or My Fair LadyBird” (a political satire with song parodies from My Fair Lady).

In the same vein (jugular)… “Stokely and Tess” (a political satire with song parodies from Porgy and Bess).

magnumb, p.u.

My husband can recite all kinds of things from Mad’s parodies of the Bicentennial, and can sing many songs Mad wrote.