MAD Tull Dope 08/07/03?

Jethro Tull is playing at Wolf Trap on August 7. Tickets for seating on the lawn are $22 each. We saw them a few years ago there and sat on the lawn and it was great. The cool thing is you can bring blankets, folding chairs, picnic baskets, etc, and stake out a patch of grass for a group. It’s really laid back on the lawn with people chatting and getting up to buy wine (and more than a few smoking pot, at least last time!) so it would make a pretty cool gathering, IMO. (I don’t remember whose idea this was initially, but it was brought up at the MAD picnic.)

Anyway, it’s at 8pm on a Thursday, which makes it not exactly ideal, but hopefully there will be some interest?

(The next night, Friday the 8th, Peter, Paul and Mary are playing. $18/lawn…)

So… anyone interested?

Possibly. I was at the last Tull concert, which was better timed. Had pavilion seats, which was cool.

We were smack dab center on the lawn, toward the back. We could see well enough, but we could also nip out to the concessions, the bathrooms, etc. We had Dominic with us (he was 4 at the time… so that was… 3 years ago?) so it was a good thing. We had a picnic dinner, chairs, a blanket, and a few toys for Dominic. After that experience, I think I’d prefer the lawn to the regular seating!

Dominic came away impressed. He made me so proud when he said “Mommy, when I grow up, I want to sing just like him!”

hmmm… I wonder if I can really handle that many concerts in that short period of time. I plan on seeing Iron Maiden in Pittsburg and in Ohio that Friday and Saturday nights. Then again I don’t know anything about Tull. I’ll have to think about it.

You don’t know anything about Tull?!?!!?

faint

Jethro Tull is my favorite band of all time. Well, it’s tied with Pink Floyd, actually.

Well I know there’s a guy, and he like plays the flute and stuff. :smiley:

I do know a bit about them, but only what they play on the radio. Then again I did go see BOC and didn’t know much about them either.

If you like classic rock, Tull’s greatest hits is worth picking up. They started off very bluesy, but developed into a decent prog rock band. This is a good collection.

And of course there’s Aqualung, which is one of those albums you have to have if you like music.

It’s less than a week away!!

You know, I wonder how many people will be in the stands and eyeing little girls with bad intent.

(Sorry for the bump, but the show’s coming up.)

Lawn tickets… $22… we could bring blankets and picnic baskets and make a whole big event out of it!

Ed, are you going to this?

Oh man, I like Tull, but I just can’t do it this week. Not with the move this weekend.

By the way… who’s coming to help? Free beer!

I wish I could, Gingy!! I would be there with bells on. I’d probably take the bells off after a while, though, because they’d probably get annoying…

I don’t think I’m going to be able to make it. Have fun!

I’d love to be there Opal, but I’m heading to Phila, and Old Charlie stole the handle, and the train-it won’t stop goin’-no way to slow down. :smiley:

I think it’s “no it won’t slow down”

Go on home, your mama’s calling… you…

Whoops, wrong band.

Well, I ordered my ticket. Opal guilted me into it. She knows I have nothing better to do. Damn her.

Oh so I have to see dantheman again this month? Oh wait that was last month carry on then. I’ll be there, even though I haven’t gotten my ticket yet. I"ve been waiting on a buddy to see if he is going or not.