Made-up Words. A Dramastic question.

I use made-up words on a daily basis.

But I am not the only one.

During employment training for a job, many years ago, a woman said “The difference is DRAMASTIC!”

Having some schoolastic attributations, I knew she meant “dramatic+drastic”, and took it to heart.

What are word melange that you’ve used?

I like “disastrophe” (the word not the event! :stuck_out_tongue: )

Pain + Anus =Panus

Jellied cranberry sauce in the shape of a can = canberries

Snuggling and snoozing = snoozle

The horrible event from my childhood when I ate too many Thin Mints = The Mintcident

Grooky - that feeling you have when you’ve been swimming in a dirty lake and the lake water dried on your body and in your hair.

I use - Nokay - regularly… (No and Okay).

Very useful for a noncommittal answer,

eg. “you really should try this food i invented… it’s pasta and fruit bake. It’s Fantastic!”

err… “Nokay”.

Misses Remarkable obviously isn’t overly impressed.

Also., I like to end things (and there’s a multitude here) in …erator…

eg. The metal bending machine is the “Benderator”, the Bamix is the “Mixelator” and the fridge can be the “Colderator”…

endless.

(I must add here that the cat is the “Caterator”, but thats more due to it sounding cool in a Terminator kind of way than it actually applying to anything.) :smiley:

Sometimes I “reconjigger” to indicate that I don’t really know what I’m doing but maybe I’ll fix the problem anyway.

Flustrerated…frustrated and flustered…

Nevermind

Absotively, posilutely.

Craptacular. (common these days, but still great)

Ginormous (so common it is probably considered a word)

And, a personal favorite: if you play guitar and have your tongue firmly planted in your cheek, it is sarcastic form to refer to your collection of axes as your “guitarsenal

Oh, yes. And the microwave is the “Nukolator.”

I use the suffix “-ative” a lot. A noisy dog, for example, is very barkative. If my husband wants soup for dinner but I don’t, it’s because I’m just not in a very soupative mood.

Stumpified: a cross between stumped and stupefied. Very useful when I want to convey a particular feeling of not knowing what to do next. It came about when I misread a sign for a town called Stumpfield.

I often warn people of the potential ramipercussions of their actions. It’s when things are likely to go worse than either ramifications or repercussions can handle.

I’ve used “misunderheard” for years. I misheard, therefore I miscomprehended - had I heard correctly I would have understood.

I also use “smuffocated”. That’s smothered and suffocated. I suppose if it were real and on film it could be “snuffocated”.

You might try to get some of these into the Urban Dictionary. They’ve accepted twitterary (a secretary who handles a celebrity’s twitter account, because she can’t be bothered to do her own tweets) from me, but they didn’t like boron (boring and stupid.)

Somehow, the refrigerator became the** refrigigator** for me. I have no feeling in my feet. If I ever get 'em back, they’ll be togent.

I like “confuzzled” which is a sort of triple portmanteau – confused, puzzled, and fuzzy on the concept. (I thought this was original but I just saw it in someone else’s post in a different thread – I guess it gets made up pretty frequently.)

Another triple portmanteau: “fantabuliffic” (fantastic, fabulous, and terrific).

Back in high school, a friend’s favorite word was “groovadelic”. (Yes, this was in the early 70s.)

(By the way – I wonder how come Rilchiam hasn’t yet weighed in with the origin of his name?)

I just received an email from a company called Iron Mountain (they specialize in document storage and destruction services) making a reference to “Shredonomics,” a term which they’ve apparently trademarked.

Outside of this thread, I hope to never use that word again.

nm

I quite like “funsettling”. I’d actually like to start my own movie studio someday and call it “Funsettletainment”.

“Futzencrumb”-usually in a high whiny voice like a leprechaun, when I’m a tad annoyed at something.