Mafia: Evil Dead - DAY/NIGHT ONE

Well crap, first Day and a claim already. Firstly

unvote pede

barring any counter claims. Mind you, out of all the roles that could be claimed, mason, IMO, is the least sensible for scum to choose so I tend to believe him.

And now I’m going to work. I’ll try to reread during the day and see if anything new strikes me but we seem to have been woefully quiet for a Day 1 - I guess it’ll pick up after the holidays.

Just to make this clear - I don’t think Thing Fish is a newbie. He did say that he played in Doperville here:

Thing Fish please correct me if I’m wrong. This is your 2. game on this board, right?

pedescribe, is there any more you can tell us about your role then? What does it say? Anything Alpha-Beta related?

I’m asking because I feel that you’ve given up a little too easily. Why would the other masons agree to you claiming so early? Or did you decide this by yourself?

Don’t tell us how many there are of you, I don’t think it’s wise giving that one away.

It was Thing Fishs idea to say how experienced we are:

Since we’re about a day and a half from Dusk, I think it’s time to get my vote in to give people enough time to defend.
First the players we haven’t heard from at all:
Blaster Master, Zeriel, Hal Briston and Polydeuces.
The ones we heard very little from:
NAF1138 (promised he has a theory), Nanook of the North Shore (traveling) and amrussell.

My suspicions (in order I got them):
-Pleonast, for supporting a bad strategy after saying a similar one was bad;
-Chucara, (weak) for suggesting a couple of bad plans and hasn’t responded since;
-Rapier42, because he FOSed me with a (imo) bad reason and hasn’t responded since (not even to my reply). Also supported a bad strategy in Night Zero.
-DiggitCamara, not unlikely one of the voters of predescribe was scum pushing the bandwagon. Diggits argument to vote is the weakest, imo. I don’t see how predescribe’s responses count as fishing for power roles;
-special ed, for the quick vote/unvote on Thing Fish quoting Total Lost;
-Hockey Monkey, (weak) uses Cookies argument for voting;JSexton. Both didn’t mention my vote on Pleonast which would support their reasons. Weak because she did ask JSexton for explanations earlier.

Others have votes for Thing Fish (scum tell ‘only two candidates’) and JSexton (‘gnawing Pleonast’s legs’), but I’m not convinced of these. The arguments against JSexton can be applied to Diggit as well and he also most exclusively gnawed on pedescribes leg, while JSexton discussed other things as well.

I would still like a response from Chucara and Rapier42, but for now

vote DiggitCamara

On preview:
macey, now your questions I can see as fishing. You seem to assume masons can talk off board? Looking at the mafia wiki, standard masons only know the other masons.

I am Jack’s overwhelming lack of surprise.

So, given that scum knew perfectly well that **Pede **was town did they:

a) try to put pressure on him in the belief that he had in fact blown the gaff on a power role or
b) sit back and watch town eat itself

Sadly, I’m more inclined to believe b). That obviously gives us a much bigger pool of players; more depressingly, it means that the behaviour we’re trying to spot is no behaviour. To make it a bit easier, let’s look at players who were posting while the pressure was racking up on pede, but who didn’t address the issue one way or another.

Rapier42 openly said that he thought pede had slipped, but was probably town/PFK, before moving on to queryChucara

Natlaw also said that **pede’s **slip could easily be town.

**Peekercpa **and **MHaye **both disregarded the issue, focusing instead on game balance. (Peeker also raises an eyebrow at **JSexton **for gnawing at **Pleo **for querying pede)

Thing Fish voted for Pleo, and attracted votes from **Total Lost **and special ed

I’m prepared to give people who got votes out a pass - it’s the people who posted but skirted the issue I’m suspicious of. It’s a little harsh, because it could just be picking out people who had the wit to spot the pede bandwagon for the red herring it was, but I’m going to

vote peekercpa.

Yes, my questions are sort of fishing; fishing to tell whether he is telling the truth or not. I believe he gave up too easily.

I’m used to games on Facebook where masons can usually talk to each other outside of the board, whether it be Day, Night, or all of the time. And Story’s post #37 (on Night 0, Point No.2) says there are no posting restrictions for outside boards, so I would have thought the masons could be talking in them.

Did story say there were masons then? Because I might have missed that, sorry.

We don’t know if there are masons or not.

If there are masons, we don’t know if they can commnicate on their own board, or not.

There is plenty of precedent in games here for masons who only know each others names, and have no means of private communication. There is even precedent for masons who start off ignorant of each other, or who only know one other name.

Given all that, nothing **pede **says about his role will confirm or deny his claim. The best evidence in his favour is that no other masons have called him out.

No one in this game has any post restrictions. If someone is allowed to post somewhere, he or she is always allowed to post there.

MONDAY MORNING VOTE COUNT

pedescribe (2) - bufftabby, hawkeyeop
Pleonast (2) - JSexton, Thing Fish
JSexton (2) - CometotheDarkSideWeHaveCookies, Hockey Monkey
Thing Fish (2) - Total Lost, pedescribe
Diggitcamara (1) - Natlaw
peekercpa (1) - amrussell

A little more than a day remains in Day One.

Oooh that is blatant fishing. What else would you possibly want to find out. If pede is a mason, he is town.

The way I see it, there’s three options here.

1. Pede is a mason. The other masons know this and have said nothing - which is exactly how it should work.

2. Pede is scum, and there is no mason faction. If that is true, than the scum were given extra info on who all they were up against, or that is a ballsy move by Pede.

3. Pede is scum and the other masons the few people we haven’t heard from yet.

I think 2. is very unlikely. I hope that Story is not such a gastard mod that he would give the scum that much inside info. And if it were just a straight balls out move, it would be suicide if there were mason faction.

1. is possible, but it is only a matter of time before the truth would come out if it were the case.

2. is the most likely and what I’m going to believe until I have reason to doubt it.
    It sounds to me like you are trying to get more power roles outed. Not very townie of you at all.

Vote macey

How would that information help you discern if Pede was being truthful? I agree with Brewha.

unvote Pedescribe
vote Macey

Masons please do not give any more information then you already have. There is no reason to doubt an uncontested mason claim. In order for Pede to be lying he would either need to be willing to get lynched just to out one mason, or he would need to know there were no masons. Neither of these scenarios are plausable.

Well,

unvote pedescribe

Subject to change in the event of a counterclaim!

I’m not sure who to look at now. I’m short on time right this moment, but I did want to get that unvote in.

Can any other Facebookers describe how frequently masons there can typically talk off-board?

Did you guys not think that pedescribe could be lying? As well as scum he could also be a PFK, or there may not be even any masons at all?? It’s not my fault he has outed himself on Day 1, there wasn’t that much heat on him.

And have you read your PM at all? We can compare what info he has with ours. There’s no harm questioning him at all. What? We’re supposed to let all uncontested claims go free!!! What happens if scum makes up a position? You’re going to let them get away with that too?
FOS Hawkeye and Brewha

No, I don’t think it makes sense for him to lie. Please explain the mindset for a scum or PFK to falsely claim mason. Do you think Story would have told them that there were no masons? Do you think a pfk or scum would be that determined to out one mason? Explain a possible rationalle for the lie?

There is when it tells scum/pfk our powers. Explain how knowing whether or not masons can talk will help me tell his alignment? I understand that the divide between information useful to the scum vs information useful for the town isn’t always clear, but right here it is.

Yes. I considered that Pedescribe could be lying. As a matter of fact, I listed the three possibilities I saw - two of which included scenarios where he was lying.

Have a look at post #130 for a refresher.
If he were scum and wanted to lie, he would have been much better off to claim a power role that wouldn’t be so easy to disprove. He could have claimed doctor or detective or beat cop all of which may have taken pressure off him without the danger of someone coming out and proving that his claim was false.

You can wag your FOS all you want, but I’m comfortable with my vote.

Wow. Just wow. **Pede **giving us more information about his role does nothing to help us ascertain whether or not he’s lying, but if he’s telling the truth, it gives the scum a better handle on how to play their game. If he’s lying, he will eventually be caught, but we can’t really take the chance that he’s not lying this early in the game.

Your insistence on the matter makes me go :dubious:.

Unvote Jsexton
Vote macey**

I’ve played in, modded or read all the Facebook games so far and in each case there’s been a separate mason thread. When they’re allowed to talk (Day, Night or both) depends on whoever’s modding but we haven’t had one yet where there was no communication.

macey , as I and several other players have already said, out of all the power roles to claim, mason is the most risky one for a scum to pick so for now I’m believing him.

I don’t see the purpose of trying to find out more about his role for the purposes of confirmation. Or for any other reason actually. Even if it would tell us whether or not power roles have Alpha/Beta status I don’t think it’s in our best interest for that to be public yet.

If the scum don’t know why tell them?

bleached

Having played with macey before, a very confusing style of play isn’t unusual for him.

I’ve played 2 games with him where we were both masons, and I both times, he was without a doubt, the scummiest acting player in the game. I think the other FB players might agree with this. I think I’ve also played 2 games with him as Scum (well 1 1/2, I was recruited…and none too pleased about it), but in those games, I obviously wasn’t looking too hard at his posting style.

That said, He’s not the type to go fishing. He’s more of the type to post odd things in an attempt to confuse Scum when he’s town.

vote macey