Mafia: Evil Dead - DAY/NIGHT THREE

NETA:

Oops, sorry. I didn’t see this line. I didn’t get what you were saying before.

Disregard my previous post.

Revised vote count:

Chucara (3) - Diggitcamara, NAF1138, Natlaw
Diggitcamara (3) - Millit the Frail, amrussell, pedescribe
dotchan (1) - total lost
Blaster Master (1) - Chucara

(I hate doing vote counts, by the way; I’m too easily confused)

Why? I would assume scum might just try to push for more interaction between Cookie/Hawk but without really supporting either. If we did have a Town on Town-situation, scum could have been encouraging the dicussing without blatant support of either one of them.

Huh? I’ve tried to find these “knocking sounds” and can’t. What are you on about?

I have left all the possible sentences out there for NAF to investigate, for those still wondering:

• I claimed vanilla as I was looking at the business end of a lynch.
  • Since many of you seem keen on killing me anyway, you might as well get something useful out of my death - i.e. confirming of NAF. The price is one investigation.
  • With very few votes in, I could make DC swing instead of me. I know I am town, I don’t know what DC is. Therefore, DC is a better target (for me). I would obviously say the same if I were scum. But it isn’t scummy to tip a vote in my favour if I am town.

And yes, I see the problem in that I might be able to say that NAF investigated the wrong statement (Alpha or Beta), but then you could go ahead and lynch me tomorrow. I’d still be dead, and NAF would then be confirmed. If I were scum I’d be trading one less investigation for one dead scum… That’s hardly a good trade for scum.

Obviously I can’t really do anything to persuade you to stop lynching me. But it was an idea to confirm NAF without killing him.

The problems town has right now is that we don’t know if we can trust NAF. That being said, we are on the right track, so we can easily afford a mislynch. And as mislynches go, a vanilla is not a bad one.

NAF, can you investigate statements made on previous days?

I honestly don’t know which strategy is the best - confirming NAF, or confirming vanilla. We can’t guarantee both, both there is a 50% chance of doing so.

Anyway, there was a point made about there being vanilla scum as well, so here goes:

All of the below are true:

• I am town
  • I am vanilla town

One of these is:

• I am vanilla town Alpha redshirt
  • I am vanilla town Beta redshirt

I’ll leave it up to you guys to decide the best course of action, I really can’t assess it.

NAF can investigate my A/B statement, confirming him, and possibly me
NAF can investigate another vanilla (or my “I am town” statement)

If I were scum I’d kill off NAF, but a doc could be protecting him. Therefore scum appear to be killing off the confirmed vanillas. This would work fine, as it also cuts into the scum pool. We are well ahead right now, so if we can force scum to keep this up, we are in good shape.

Heck, maybe all this isn’t making much of a difference as we (you) can just kill NAF in the endgame to confirm him. I haven’t been in this situation before.

I just don’t see the rush on me. The only potential anti-town thing I did was to ask about alpha/beta status as I figured it might be useful for town. Unless all of you think I’m PFK needing those statuses, I just don’t understand it.*

*Well… I do, it’s Mafia - but you know what I mean :wink:

Lynch me or not, no hard feelings. I just hope I only die a little, should you whack me.

Well, apparently I can still talk strategy. So I can point out how nice it is, now that you know that I’m town that Cookies has NO votes. Sigh. Town seems more concerned about confirming Naf’s powers than finding scum today. Which is silly because it is highly unlikely Naf is lying about his powers. It is much more likely he is lying about his win condition. All that is being currently accomplished is allowing the scum to have a better idea who has power roles, and preventing Naf from "confirming"townies. Naf is I were you I’d be looking at lurkers (Mhaye, Hal, Blaster etc) that we aren’t going to be able to get a good read on otherwise.

If you are a townie, vote anyway. Fewer townies voting makes it easier for the scum to control the vote.

I found the knocking sounds in the color that opened toDay, but I can’t find the questions.

So you’re saying Thing fish investigated sucessfully, found scum and didn’t vote or interact with the person he investigated?

I got a lot of Thing Fish rereading to do now - if I remember correctly he posted quite a lot!

You can talk AND vote while being dead?
I could get very paranoid right now if Story hadn’t been so nice as to say “no recruitment” :wink:

So you’re a medium who can ask a dead townie three questions per Night and get answers in knocks? Or did you ask macey something Night One?
Seems an easy power to verify: see if there are knocking sounds next dawn. If the power works, it most likely is a Town power.
Question to ask Thing Fish next Night, if he didn’t interact with bufftabby: Did he investigate bufftabby by any chance?

If true:
So Things Fish investigated someone successfully and found scum he did not quote or challenged or voted for. That probably gives a large list with a scum in it.

The rules don’t say it explicitly, but I think a kill happens even if the killer is killed the same Night. So Thing Fish could have gotten his investigation result before he was killed. But it might not be…

You pretty much got it.

I can ask three questions, each Night, from a dead player. They’ll answer with one, two or three knocks (I can assign values to each of these answers).

Hockey Monkey: The knocks can be found in the opening color
special ed: The questions were those I submitted, and therefore weren’t reported by storyteller

with three knocks, can you get creative?

That is, ask Thing Fish, split everyone into 3 groups in question 1.
Then, i question 2, knock once for the 1st, 2nd or 3rd in the group picked. knock twice for 4th, 5th, 6th , etc…
Then, in the third question have him ID if it’s the first, second or third in THAT group.

I realize it’s a lot of typing, but we can cover 27 people that way, and that’s enough :slight_smile:
Otherwise, for now, it’s just another unconfirmed power role. Even if we had you state your questions ahead of time, there’s nothing that would prevent you from changing that in your PM to story. I’m not discounting you. I’m just preaching caution. Again.

In the Day/Night One he made 23 posts and the last one pretty much summes it up:

He voted for Pleo and made a real efford in building that case rock-solid.

I’m not sure who excatly to interpret “Did you interact directly with whoever you investigate (meaning: did you quote him/her in one of your answers and/or vote and/or challenge him/her”. Thing Fish did ask for people to state their case against him clearly - but I don’t think we can get anymore info at this point from his posts.

He does talk about Diggitcamara, JSexton, Chuc, Rapier42, me, Speciel Ed, Macey, Pede, Hawk, Cookie, NAF and amrussell - but talking just isn’t "interact directly IMO - so a null tell for now :frowning:

Tell you what: Why don’t we (meaning all of us) write a proposed question and I’ll submit it?

I’ll even write the first draft, if you’d like me to.

I see Total Lost has some questions regarding my questions as well. How would you (Total Lost) phrase it?

:smack:

Here is the first draft (I don’t know if I understand this correctly, but it can easily be modifed). I don’t know if there are any rules as to how to question must be formulated or how long it can be, but here goes:

Group 1:
Hoopy Frood
Speciel Ed
Almost Human
Amrussell
Nanook
Rapier42
Hockey Monkey

Group 2:
Dotchan
Total Lost
Brewha
MHaye
Blaster Master
Hoopy Frood

Group 3:
JSexton
Mrs. Millit the Frail
Zeriel
Hal Briston
Cookies
Chucara
Question 1: Which group is the scum in?
Question 2 and 3: Which one is it? Answer according to the chart below:

1-1: 0
1-2: 1
1-3: 2
2-1: 3
2-2: 4
2-3: 5
3-1: 6
3-2: 7
3-3: 8

So if the answer knocks are: 1, 2, 3, the person is in group one, number 5 from the top.

I’ll elaborate if necessary, but as far as I can see, this would work. Obviously we could remove anyone already confirmed. So far I’ve only removed DC, but we can let question 8 be DC so thing fish can point to him as the liar too.

You misunderstood me - I didn’t have any questions regarding the questions at all. But we can’t be sure how Thing Fish understood the “interaction” part and that’s why I wanted to make it clear that the people he mentions (like me) can’t be disregarded yet.

I’m sure you (and others) will be better to make the questions (since English is not my native tongue and I keep havind problems always spotting all the linguistic nuances).

I think we can leave Hoopy out… he seems to be a more a color then a player :wink:

Total: Yeah, so I just copied the first list of players I found to illustrate an example :wink:

Only problem with the questions is that I’m not sure the last two will fly with Story. But let’s see how many players we can narrow it down to and formulate it differently. Otherwise, we could just cluster all three questions and have 27 combinations.