Mafia Reunion Day 5

I’ve changed my mind. I don’t have much time (IF i’m lucky, I will get more time to post tomorrow).

Vote Johnny Bravo

for focusing on 3p and not pursuing scum, even so far as to move a vote off someone he felt was scummy today to sach.

A: I got players talking. since the lynch is not likely to change

there are 8 Scum left, true. But only 3 of them are wolves.

I gave them a solution for more safety- how they react will give us information.

What else do you want to talk about?

This looks to me a lot like Koldanar and Inner Stickler are cultists who are chainsawing the opposition.

Not pursuing scum? Maybe you could read the whole thread? Maybe the part where I analyzed the lurkers? You were featured, as I recall.

This analysis is technically true in that the cult and scum could align to guarantee wins (assuming the survivor goal is true as presented), but premature. Mafia has 5 players remaining, meaning that the largest guaranteed voting block is 10 players, which leads to a win condition at 19 players. We’re at 33 now, which puts us at two more Day/Night cycles minimum, probably three. And that assumes no cultists or Mafia die and each death adds a half cycle or so.

+1

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Huh. That’s odd. I have the opposite conclusion. I’m putting Koldanar and Inner Stickler in my ‘not a cultist’ list. It seems like a strange and dangerous stance to take. If Koldanar is a cultist and he winds up dead, that would be bad for us in a “see! they can’t be trusted!” sort of way. No. I expect the hidden cultists are all ‘cultists? uh, hey what’s that over there!?’

I think the only thing I could say that won’t set you off is “Gee, you are right”. Anything else and you are going to conclude I’m some sort of nefarious cultist or scum.

I’m not a cultist, and if I were, I wouldn’t be arguing against you. I would not comment on the situation at all, and I sure as hell wouldn’t claim in the current environment and with the current number of remaining mafia.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Maybe, but you picked an odd exchange to quote to point that out. Do you agree with Koldanar that I’ve done no scum hunting today?

Looks suspiciously like a rabbit butt. See that little cottontail.

I’ll also point out that one (even a cultist) could genuinely think Johnny Bravo is scum.

Because I do, but feel hamstrung because I’m a cultist and JB is so anti-cultist.

Hi all - trying to get caught up on this week of posts.

First off,

Vote Prof. Pepperwinkle

I some people are questioning the Pleonast investigation theory, which I get - but, I think the breadcrumbs are there intentionally, and is a pretty solid clue. Could be wrong, but I was ready to vote Prof before the investigation was brought to light anyway.

Note sure where I stand with the cultist issue…on the one hand, it’s silly to waste a lynch on someone we believe to be town, but on the other, it would settle a lot of questions once we see a death reveal for a cultist - either one of the two claimed ones, or another killed by other means. You’d think that a cultist would get killed by other means at some point, just by chance. If there really are 5 cultists (10% of the starting population of the game roughly), odds are we should have seen one with around 20 deaths so far.

So - assuming Prof turns up Mafia at the end of this Day, and some number of others get kilt by Mafia or others - if we don’t see a cultist reveal among them, it might make sense to lynch one of the claimed cultists just for info.

Aside from that, I hope to have some time this weekend to dig into the posts some more, and try to come up with a scum case.

Good. Make a case other than “he’s mean to cultists.” If you can make a good case that I’m scum, it won’t matter what I think.

That goes for Inner Stickler and Koldanar, too.

I have plenty of posts that don’t revolve around the cultists. Attempts to paint me as a one-issue poster are smudges.

It also assumes there are no non-cultist 3rd parties, which I don’t think is true.

Is the impression that I’m voting because he’s anti cultist? My intent is that he’s focusing on something that is anti-town. Others here are anti-cultist, and I’m not worried, except that the noise 3p discussion generates.

I honestly have to think about this more. I’m still re-reading the Professor P stuff.

It’s the impression I’ve had for 2 days now - maybe those posts are just coming across louder than your others? Feh. I haven’t done a re-read of your posts, I will admit.

Unvote

You’re right - If on re-read, you focused on this to the exclusion of good discussion for the town, I will re-vote later or tomorrow.

Days like this one, which begin with an obvious lynch candidate, are notoriously quiet. This one was no exception. I don’t mind even a little bit that we’re having this argument, because somebody might find a useful slip three Days from now buried in all of this squabbling.

If somebody would like to bring up a new topic, there is nothing stopping them. This isn’t a safe space where you’re only allowed to speak if you have the talking stick. Make a case. Do a reread.

I’m being loud, but loudly proclaiming, “gosh, we can’t focus on anything else because of this darned cultist talk!” is a dodge. If somebody wants to dive into another topic, go and do it.

Excellent.

Well, that’s sort of my point. I think his arguments are insincere and dodgy, but all the anti-cultist crap gets in the way since I’m a cultist. I think TexCat was accusing you of voting because of the anti-cultist stuff, but that isn’t what I think. I think a cultist would stay out of it.