Mafia Reunion Day 5

Declaring something doesn’t make it so and scumminess is not a spectrum. I find your posts now regarding the cultists incredibly scummy and the strategy you advocate objectively bad for town. Looking back at other posts won’t wash away that scumminess.

I thought you were replying to my post about the 3P conversation dominating the Day.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Ah, I see. Still, I do think I rushed my own vote - it serves no purpose to have anything other than I have the impression he is such. As I told him above, I’ll gather information, and organize a well-thought vote post if I can.

In other news, this is my understanding of the Prof P train -

1. Many think he’s already scummy
  2. People believe Pleo investigated night 2, then voted twice

Is this correct?

And no, I do not agree that you have done no scum hunting toDay.

I also believe that assuming crys and sach are telling the truth, they have handshook with at least some of their fellow cultists and I have not not noticed the silence on that subject.

If they exist, I agree the hidden cultists are unlikely to be very involved in the topic.

Almost. It’s unclear if Pleo investigated N2 because near the end of the DE thread, I think it was actually N3, Pleo accuses Angel and Prof of being cultists. Some think he was laying a trap for Angel, either way it undermines the face value of his votes for Prof P as the seer.

Going down the list
** Meeko **
D1:skimming his 68 posts this has the most substance [spoiler]

)[/spoiler]
Near end of Day unvote Colby, voted Lakai ( both Town)

Day2: Skimming his 50 posts
Again this topic- word for word from D1 [spoiler]

Not sure what he was going for here but it is verbose

[/spoiler]
Doesn’t have a switch, doesn’t care about them.
Weighs in on the cultists, but it is not clear which side.
Unvote Sach/ Vote Brewha (town)
The scale of the game disenfranchises Vanilla Town (participation). Like, to a level I don’t think anyone saw coming. .

D3: Skimming 13 posts
Votes Khameleon
No other real substance.

D4: 3 posts [spoiler]

(re: players running out of steam in the game) [/spoiler]
Voted Squid
D5:
So far nothing to say today
yes I did skim and leave out some of the " not sure where this is going" posts
If there is something specific you recall about him, since I have reviewed all Days bring it to my attention and I will likely be able to track it down.

It is difficult to come to a conclusion on dear ** Meeko ** . I do find it odd that he posted word for word the same post D1 and D2 but that means nothing alone

Maybe, but if you find me “incredibly scummy” why wouldn’t you look back through the rest of my posting history for the purpose of strengthening your case against me?

Ha! Nice.

I’m catching up from last night, but keep getting waylaid.

Are you arguing that [del]scum[/del] cultists wouldn’t do that? :dubious:

I believe that assuming that crys and sach are telling the truth is foolish. Sure, they might be telling some of the truth, but I’d bet the ranch that some of what they fed us is lies.

I’m glad more people are willing to do this. I’ll post mine tonight as I have less than an hour before my gap between full time job and full time dad expires.

On Meeko, my take away is that he is either VT that can’t or doesn’t want to keep up OR he’s a cultists or 3P that is using his disenfranchised VT statement as cover for laying low. If he was scum I don’t think his participation level would be this low. I don’t buy a lurking scum Meeko. He likes games too much to not at least try in a game where he was assigned a role he thinks has value.

Meeko has definitely expressed in the past his opinion that vanilla Town is effectively a worthless role, and that he hates when he gets assigned it. I think it takes him out of the game to not be able to do things other than chat.

You’re correct about the assumption, and I agree with your guess that it’s not true.

Yeah, but the meta on Idle proved wrong, and I wouldn’t put it past Meeko to use his own meta as cover if he’s 3P by posting his disenfranchised bit and then flying low. I don’t think he’s scum so I haven’t spent much more time on him. Not that there is much more to spend time on.

Ender’s brief crazyposting period was limited to nonsense on believing sachertorte and not Crys. This theory makes zero sense because sachertorte laid out some breadcrumbs early and confirms Crys. That is, if one is lying, both are. Crys lying makes no sense, and sachertorte lying makes only a little more.

After taking enough of a flogging for his theories being nonsense, it seems that Ender figured out why and he’s making sense again.

I find his nonsense period believable because we’re two Days later and people are still forgetting the implications of the breadcrumbs and the timing when the put together theories.

But this post comes off was unnecessarily aggressive toward LUTHA in the first paragraph, but you go on to vote against Ender for his paranoia of LUTHA. The thing about Ender lying comes off as very weird, because it isn’t like Chronos catching brewha in a lie, it’s merely speculation on Ender’s part and I don’t get the impression Ender is trying to pass it off as anything more.

Ok earlier this afternoon, I thought I remembered reading that sachertorte wasn’t investigating anyone in search of fellow luthas. I’m on my phone and can’t find the post now. But if I remember right, sachertorte, why aren’t you investigating? I’d be using it every night.

@Hoopy, you missed Zeriel on your D2.663 list. I’ll post a wow and my analysis in a few hours.

I can’t believe you guys have better things to do on a Friday night.

Here’s the WoW and analysis on Zeriel. I often come to different conclusions than other players, so I suggest you read the posts and see what you think.

D1

D1 analysis: By far theDay he posts the most. It’s mostly him describing how he plays or is going to play this game, and some strategy discussion. Votes Angel for not reading the rules. Spends most of the rest of the Day defending that vote. He doesn’t directly address any of the other votes, but gives his opinion when asked. Ends Day with the vote on Angel. “This is me, I’m gonna do me. You do you.”
D2

D2 Analysis:
Some meat here. Carries over vote on Angel from D1. At least until I propose a hairbrained plan to manipulate the game. Then his vote moves to me. He discusses being pro multilynch. He did not like Crys’s claim at all. Moves his vote off of me and onto Crys. Thinks Idle is PFK. Comments on his spreadsheet failing him this game. I think the biggest unresolved issue that he brings up on D2 other than Crys is CaptainKlutz. I had forgotten all about Captain’s switch claim. How in the world is a claimed scum switch holder still alive? Did even the scum forget about that?
@Bufftabby, “honestly” got dropped in the first sentence of the first post D2.
D3

He votes for Idle and provides an explanation on the players he previous suspected. It stood out to me that he says “Angel’s participating, and that’s enough to make me not repeatedly vote her.” Wow…. Low bar. Thinks the cases on Boozy and Diggit are interesting which doesn’t really give an opinion. ** “I’m not sure I really understand the case on Prof P.”** But he doesn’t ask any questions. Just leaves it at that for D3 and N3.
D4

D4 Analysis: Two posts. I get that real life attacks some times… but we are talking about a span of a week and only 2 posts. Both during Day, nothing at Night. Well, at least he voted. Oh, remember that bolded part about not understanding the Prof case? I guess he figured it out because here he claims he was already happy with the Prof as scum candidate.
D5

D5 Analysis: 1 post so far, but I’m hoping he comes back.

Wrap Up:
He voted Angel twice. JSGoddess and Boozy voted for Angel on D1, but so did Septimus and Lakai. So D1 vote is a null tell. Vote record aside, D1 is mostly him explaining what to expect from him, which I think is a protown thing to do. It sets up expectations of you, and would bring attention on you if you aren’t behaving that way. Unfortunately he hasn’t been active enough to get a read on whether he is behaving as described. While I think it’s a protown move, I think it’s a null tell, this is the kind of play I wouldn’t hesitate to make as scum if it occurs to me.

He continued her vote on D2, but switched to me because I had some hairbrained idea to reinvent the wheel and turn the game on its head. I took his logic on my idea and his argument against it as a very town play. Him moving his vote to me tells me that he either didn’t feel the Angel train was going anywhere, or was less convinced of her scumminess on D2. He did maintain a FOS, FWIW. Then he moved his vote to Crys because he didn’t believe her claim and warned against one off voters. Normally I wouldn’t find anything scummy about this in and of itself, but his main point against my idea was that it diminished the vote record. His point against one off votes was that we wouldn’t utilize the second lynch, but it also has the effect of diminishing the vote record. He maintained a FOS on me and Angel. From my perspective this is town barking up the wrong tree, everyone knows he was wrong about Angel, I know he’s wrong about me. Jury is still out on Crys.

D3 he votes for Idle Thoughts and only Idle Thoughts, commenting on how Idle always explodes. So much for not diminishing the vote record. Though Zeriel was one of the players who was suspect of Idle early in the game for not behaving the way he usually does. So I think he had better reasons to vote Idle than most. When voting for Idle, Zeriel comments on not understanding the Prof P case. The thing that stood out the most on D3 was his critique of CaptainKlutz’s switch claim. I had forgotten all about that whole issue.

D4 he states that he was already happy with multilynch and the case on Prof P. Though he had not stated he was happy with the case on Prof P until the time of the vote. Odd, not inherently scummy. He may have been skimming or reading and noted that the case made sense to him without actually posting.

D5 his only post so far is that his spreadsheet continues to fail him and he won’t be playing in games this large again. Votes for Prof P again, based on the unmentioned merits of other peoples’ cases on Prof P.

Overall I’m not seeing scum… from what little there is I am reading overwhelmed town grasping at ideas from others that he likes the sound of in absence of his own ability to keep up and participate in a more meaningful manner.

Questions for Zeriel:

1. Crys got your vote on D2. Was that strictly a policy move to attempt multilynch?

2. What points on the case against Prof P do you like, dislike, don’t understand?

3. How do you feel about the cultists? You didn’t buy Crys’s hinky story, but haven’t really commented on them since. How should we handle the situation?

4. You FOS’d CaptainKlutz on D3, but haven’t even mentioned him since… did you forget the whole thing like I did?

5. Pretend for a second that you KNOW I am town, who should I be looking at? Who do you think I can trust?

@CaptainKlutz, I get a twinge when I wonder why you are still alive as a claimed Scumpower switch holder. Why do you think you’ve been spared? What have you been doing with that thing?

I’m not gonna say I have something *better * to do. But I am being forced into something *other * to do.