Mafia Reunion Day 5

I admit that I also forgot about cap’s switch, btw.

I think that me being spared means that scum do not hold a switch to their own powers. That is, scum may hold switches for the other scums powers. or town powers, but not their own. So killing me does not give them control over their own power. Also, I have not revealed which scumrole I control, or even whether it is wolf or mafia. And I want to keep it that way.

As for what I have been doing with it: that knowledge would definitely benefit scum more than town, so I’m not saying.

**Zeriel **doesn’t seen to offer real opinions on the big cases of the Day. Why does he like the case on Professor P now? Any thought on the surprise BoozHol/**Diggit ** multilynch? What does he make of **Pleonast , Mafia Scum Sunny Daze ** and HockeyMonkey? What about the wolves? The mysterious extra deaths?

It’s too easy to float along whether Town , scum or 3p by keeping it light. And that bothers me a bit.** Zeriel**, I feel, could get down in the dirt and mix it up with us but doesn’t. Surely something of value arose from the spreadheets. He talked about information from votes but none is mentioned.

And what about all the cases others are bringing? Have none caught attention.? I sort of read ** Zeriel ** as slight Town, but really how can you tell?

4 days late but 3 dead scum, woot!

I’m posting from the sky, a first for me, on my way home from India.

+1

I agree with Sach that an SK or other killing role is unlikely to have a switch, both for the role itself and for the fact that third party roles are hidden.

You joked after but still, of the three kills how many do you think were performed by scum?

Can’t wait to see how that’s going!

YesterDay I noticed Lightfoot was playing this game, despite being among the top posters every Day, she’d gone under my radar and I did not have any sort of read on her, I started a WoW and see that we did interact, but haven’t made it past D1, will try again over the weekend. #7 question about subs
#55 points Colby to roles doc, disregarding N0 leans
#61 To Johnny Bravo, re:Meeko about being held accountable for D1 votes
#71 Only scum make informed D1 votes
#74 Helps Thing Fish quote
#76 To Meeko, clarifies response
#80 Joke
#135 Dislikes ToeJam’s “Gead” reference in the vote count
#137 Not so much with context
#251 Corrects Koldanar’s suspicion about multiple Wizards
#304 Links to roles doc
#305 too late (to link)
#310 Thoughts on Colby, often is misinterpreted, should have read roles, questions votes on him
#483 To Angel, should read roles
#485 To Biotop, why would Angel say she’d not read the roles?
#521 To Pleo, has not yet answered a question
#524 Asks Angel for thoughts on issues
#750 Did not know Angel was Archangel
#776 Suspects and misvotes Lakai, mainly for his case on Colby
#779 Notes Lakai has since unvoted, considers response rehearsed
#782 Agrees with jsgoddess re: Scathach’s smudge
#800 OOG
#801 To Lakai, response time was slow
#802 To Scathach, asks why voting TexCat
#803 explains “rehearsed” to bufftabby
#805 To ThingFish, is not a lurker, is in ICU
#807 lists one post wonders
#810 considers Red & Inner could be together based on vote, suspects lurkers may be avoiding attention
#817 Gives SunnyDaze advice about votes, and unvotes
#830 To Prof.P, his list of low voters does not include leans or opinions
#836 To Normal, there are more than 12 scum
#845 To Lakai, only two posts were suspicious
#850 To Chronos, protecting Septimus could cause a doc to die, suspects Total Lost was digging for a claim to shoot straight, doesn’t agree with Chronos’ 3rd party claiming D1
#852 Asks Prof.P why uncomfortable (posting link to other game)
#857 To Nanook, agrees EMT is a good scum claim, but also a smudge on Septimus
#864 Re: Patsy claim, any suggestion should be followed up on
#868 To mods, vote not counted
#877 To Nanook, more about fake-claiming EMT
#882 To Plump, more about Patsy
#883 fixes vote
#897 To Pleo, disagrees that scum wouldn’t jump on a mis-post
#909 To Prof.P, needs to consider more than count, should vote scummiest
#910 neta
#923 To Sunny, re: parking a vote
#934 unvotes are not officially recorded
#938 Comments on Suburban’s vote parking
#942 To Chronos, votes and unvotes are on the record but not in official count
#943 Comments on Chronos’ post (don’t lynch claimed town power, never lie, claim not 3rd party)
#949 Cannot see a downside to claiming not 3rd party
#1010 Colby is being sarcastic, discouraged
#1012 Discusses end day vote shenanigans
#1016 To septimus, who asks about Thing Fish’s case on Pleo, hinges on when Pleo got PM and what he knew at the time
#1017 To me, explained what rehearsed meant
#1019 Thanks septimus for list of votes & unvotes
#1020 Agrees with septimus that Angel doesn’t seem town
#1021 To me, comments on color in defense of Colby’s comments
#1023 To Lakai, explains how I tend to ask questions
#1024 To Bill, agrees that chronos might be 3rd party with a mission
#1032 To Suburban, Chronos hasn’t indicated suspicion of non-claimaints
#1035 To Plump, still wonders about the disclaimer before posting links
#1037 To Normal, agrees that Suburban has misstated the cases on the top 3, to Suburban, asks to comment on #938
#1038 neta re spelling lakai
#1060 To Surburban, accepts explanation to #1032
#1063 Surprised no-one else commented on his #938
#1064 To Lakai, questions if he thought through the vote on Colby
#1067 To Plump, more about the disclaimer
#1072 Would double down on Lakai based on recent post
5th vote on Lakai, lots of chatter considering ICU, interactions with quite a few players, maybe more JAQing or stirring than hunting, too early to tell.

Unlike Crys, I thought you were actively hunting for scum, is that not the case?

It can’t be much fun for you, you’re intentionally not hunting for scum, in case they off you, and intentionally avoiding rocking the boat, in case town lynches you?

I don’t know what to make of the Sach/Paul thing, is it a question of bad form, cramping someone’s style, being a spoilsport, or does Sach suspect that Paul is defending a teammate?

What does it suggest to you? Time for a claim? Or just keeping your records up to date?

I tend to confuse the K’s and the P’s but this made me go back and check, you added a disclaimer and were noticeably uncomfortable posting external links to defend Colby however either that’s entirely water under the bridge or now you have no issue using external links as (valid) evidence against Prof.P.? I note that Bio is very much in favor of LtL as a strategy to encourage activity - is that no longer the case?

Voting at night :), but agreed - smells like cult though, although she seems to softly distance herself from them in D4#201

Using the archive view allows 1000 posts/page

How are you planning to resolve that?

Missed this, I voted Diggit D3 first then moved to Boozy as that case was getting no traction. D4 I voted Diggit again as my first preference.

**** Vote Count**

Professor P. (11)
Hawkeyeop(6), paulwhoisaghost(19), Lakai(50), bufftabby(57), sinjin(104), biotop(129), captainklutz(138), cometothedarkside(192), khameleon(201), mhaye(224), lightfoot(230), Cygnus42 (353)

**Texcat(2) **
Plumpudding(38), Hoopy(229)

**Nanook(2) **
sachertorte(225), Hooker Chemical (253)

**Paulwhoisaghost(1) **
Texcat(22)

Khameleon(1)
snfaulkner(231)

Sachertorte (1)
Johnny Bravo (296)

Johnny Bravo (1)
Inner Stickler (314)

this space for rent:(:(:frowning:

Day ends on Sunday, February 12 , at 3:00

Right now Prof P will die, but if the last Day was any indication you are all holding your votes until Sunday morning to drive the vote counters crazy.

No secondary lynches toDay.
Our countdown clock seems to be broken right now, but at this point you all have to have a pretty good idea of how this whole thing works anyway right?

As usual, I did not do my homework.

I’m not sure what new ground there was to cover there? I feel like all you can do with something like that, if no one else finds it suspicious, is note it and keep on eye on the player.

To clarify, I wasn’t saying Diggit would yield maximum information, rather that the double lynch would. I voted Diggit specifically bc he had 13 votes at the time and 14 was the threshold for a double lynch.

Well, gang, it’s the day before the EoD, and I’m up by 11 votes. Five players are in danger of ModKill, and 5 more only posted once toDay. TexCat and Hooker have, in my opinion, rebuked the notion of Pleonast’s voting record indicating I’m Scum, but nobody’s listening much.

Well, maybe it’s like Chronos says: “A fellow ain’t got a Town of his own, just a little piece of the big Town, the one big Town that belongs to everybody.” Well, then it don’t matter. From here on, I’ll be all around in the dark; I’ll be everywhere. Wherever you can Watch – wherever there’s a lynch, so frightened Townies can rest, I’ll be there. I’ll be in the way guys FOS when they’re mad, I’ll be there. I’ll be in the way kids laugh when there’s a Vig kill and they know they got a Scum, and when the game is endin’ and Town is the winner at last – I’ll be there, too.

I’ll be back later to post my leans. Go Town.

** Guiri** in response to “*What does it suggest to you? Time for a claim? Or just keeping your records up to date?”
I have no intention of asking any Town power to claim at this time

I compiled that data to see what was left out there.I thought if we knew what we are up against it * could * help?
our living roles know who/how they can influence o. it might help them aim.

Are you soft claiming watcher or batman? Because now isn’t the time for a soft claim… if you are trying to hint at something you need to come out and say it.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

And if you are soft claiming, I want to see crumbs and or results that you don’t think are indicative of a town power role.

OOG, Damn the wait period between searches. Why does it exist and is there anyway to turn it off for just the thread games forum?

I just lost a long post where I quoted lots of people, made some pretty smart and witty remarks, and then called out:

• Hooker for hunting batman and masons but not fellow cultists or scum?
  • SNF, while the vote-unvote-vote was his primary reason for voting Prof.P., he seems too willing to accept meta evidence that no-one presented and unvotes based on comments from other players?
  • Zeriel for his “need just one scum vote” to perform his vote analysis
  • Inner/Koldanar for their characterization of Johnny’s vote

I’m inclined to agree (with Paul) that Pleo did not have a result on Prof.P., his accusation that Angel and Prof P were cultists was based on the blatant “faith” she had in him, not an attempt to put her as fellow scum (as Klutz suggests). I found Prof.P.'s LtL strategy while picking which lurker to vote scummy, but his buckling under pressure, crazy switch to LtC, apologies and more recently vote getting record are swaying me.

I think it’s healthy to be sceptical of cultists and their claim, but the challenge is knowing when to actually do something about it, since scum should start getting nervous too. If they lied about their number, I’d imagine the real one would be more, not less.

Biotop’s review of bufftabby somehow reminds me to look back at Total’s D1 - I remember her pointing out similarities in derpclears/PIS accusations related to Boozy.

He’s already claimed vanilla. If he tries to turn around and claim something else now…well, nothing should change cuz he’s already about to be lynched. But people should totally keep that in mind when the inevitable first reaction of “OMG power role, unvote!” kicks in.

The illustrious mod with his vote count has reminded me that I have no actually voted. For some reason I thought I had.

vote Prof P

"Ma Joad: How am I gonna know about ya, Tommy? Why they could kill ya and I’d never know. They could hurt ya. How am I gonna know?

Tom Joad: Well, maybe it’s like Casy says. A fellow ain’t got a soul of his own, just a little piece of a big soul, the one big soul that belongs to everybody, then…

Ma Joad: Then what, Tom?

Tom Joad: Then it don’t matter. I’ll be around in the dark - I’ll be everywhere. Wherever you can look - wherever there’s a fight, so hungry people cant eat, I’ll be there. Wherever there’s a cop beatin’ up a guy, I’ll be there. I’ll be in the way guys yell when they’re mad. I’ll be in the way kids laugh when they’re hungry and they know supper’s ready, and when the people are eatin’ the stuff they raise and livin’ in the houses they buid - I’ll be there, too."
John Steinbeck, The Grapes of Wrath

Reference does not mean much to me

I know he had already claimed VT… I was baiting. His weird speech is, I’m pretty sure, an adaptation of Tom Joad’s speech from Grapes of Wrath. But he altered it in a way that made it seem like he was trying to make people think Watcher or Batman. The usage of the word watch in his post is awkward and sticks out. He references the vig. Early in the day he mentioned two different now known scum in two different posts. BillMC and Sunny Daze.

This post about BillMC read weird to me. Like him pointing out that a Wolf Bill showed up dead and he considered him a lurker so he was right about lurkers, but then politely asks that we disregard his advice as though he was wrong. It’s confusing and odd, and I thought maybe its purpose was to make the reader associate the dead scum with Prof.

Then there is this. Which is a nice post, but it’s timing is odd. I would have expected this to be part of his first post of the Day immediately upon seeing Sunny’s reveal. I believe it’s the third, so its still early, but I thought the timing was a little odd and maybe just a reason to mention Sunny Daze and associate her recent death with him.

So I was expecting he was building up to something bigger to save his skin or bring out a townie power role so his death will at least benefit his team.

I just wanted to see if he would take the bait and run with it.

Notice how he chose to adapt the words to be mafia themed… I suspected that he was trying to hint at his role. Maybe he forgot he already claimed VT, or maybe he was hoping everyone else would forget. Or maybe he just thought it sounded good.

Whatever that was, it’s not what I was hoping for, some sort of in-depth analysis on his top suspects or a lean list or anything that would give town a better idea of his honest suspicions if he flips town.

A little frustrating when you set the bait and the wrong one bites, isn’t it.

Yeah, point taken.