Mafia Reunion - Day Two

I’m on board with this plan.

First of all, the reason it behooves us to utilize the multi-lynch as much as we can is simple–it trades “pushing us closer to mislynch” when we screw up in exchange for “we have more kills relative to scum, and we get more information from those kills”. That’s a good trade and it’s better earlier in the game–if we kill one to scum’s two (on average, discounting vig, sk’s, etc) every night, we delay mislynches and endgame, but we lose that crucial critical mass of information that pushes town faster from the early game “looking for slips and tells” phase into the mid-game “investigate the behavioral record” phase, the latter of which is usually where (in my experience) the game is won.

To my way of thinking, we should multi-lynch as early and often as possible until we get our first scum, which in my experience usually shakes out several other likely candidates when there’s some red in the voting record. At that point we can make the strategic decision to multi or not based on available information.

Second of all, it equally (as sach says) behooves us to try to set up the lynches in such a way as to avoid people being able to game the voting record in the guise of making sure we get two kills.