Mafia Reunion - Day Two

Day dawned just like….the dawning of a new day. It was……dayish. Very dayish. Everyone was super refreshed and ready to go, some even looked like entirely different people….weird.

One poor soul, however did not make it through the Night. His burby little body was twisted up in a mangled mess…he kind of looked like he died in a lot of pain. Or he just always looked like that; it’s an internet game and we have no idea what people look like.

[COLOR=“Blue”]Suburban Plankton is now dead. He was the Homicide Detective.

They moved into the local town hall, figuring a death like that deserved some discussion. As role call was being taken, someone started asking if everyone could speed things up because some lazy bastard hadn’t fixed the leaky roof in the town hall yet and he didn’t like getting wet from the rain that was currently dripping on his head. It was then pointed out by someone else, that while it might be overcast, it certainly wasn’t raining. Then, someone else pointed down and showed that the liquid was red colored. Another person pointed up… and there was Colby11. Around his neck tied in a noose were the parts of his small intestine that weren’t still inside his sliced open abdomen. His feet were turned towards the right like two compass needles; north, north-east, east, south-east, south, south-south-west; then paused, and, after a few seconds, turned as unhurriedly back towards the left. South-south-west, south, south-east, east…you get the idea.

**Colby11 is now dead. He was a vanilla townsperson. **

Well, I guess that means we should get things going. Where does that leave us?

Two town-aligned players died during the Night. Therefore, you have the ability to lynch two people if you wish. The top vote getter will definitely die. For the second person to die, the second place vote getter must reach 17 votes. And in case you are wondering, if “no lynch” is the top vote getter, no one dies no matter what/who comes in second place.

It is now Day 2. Day 2 will end at 3:00 on Sunday, January 22. Here is a countdown to that time.

Have fun.

[/COLOR]

Pfui. We’re down five Town, and three Power Roles. Pfui.

That is a terrible way to start the Day

Well, shit.

Dammit!

So, you guys think colby, as a lynch contender, got batmanned? Meaning Ole Burby to be wolfed?

Bye burby
So long Colby

Lots of blue :confused:

Damn it!

This has been a dreadful start for us.

That’s the most reasonable assumption, yep.

We also have two subs, but I believe NAF was handling that and will come along and introduce them. Subs, if you wish to introduce yourself, please feel free to do so.

Colby was an obvious choice for the Vig and a lousy choice for the Wolves, so absent any evidence to the contrary, I assume it was him vigged and Suburban wolfed. I don’t think he gave any indications of his role, which would mean that the wolves choosing him was just dumb luck. And it hurts us significantly to be down two investigators so early: One, we could replace with the Understudy, but now one’s gone completely.

As to why he was chosen, I think (unless I missed a change somewhere) he ended the day with his vote on Colby, so that definitely wasn’t it. He wasn’t the most prolific poster left, but he was pretty high, with Meeko, Angel, and Plumpudding ahead of him. I can understand why the Scum might not have targeted Meeko or Angel, both of whom they probably considered lynchable, but I’m not sure off the top of my head about Plumpudding. It’s possible that they skipped over him because he was one of their own, or it’s possible that they just considered Suburban a greater threat as a player.

I’m honestly a little surprised that there were only two kills. We’ve had a full cycle now, with five deaths, and all of them can be accounted for. I would have expected there to be a third-party serial killer out there somewhere. Though of course we can’t rule out the possibility: Two killers might have targeted the same person, or someone might have been successfully protected, or we might have a serial killer who can choose not to kill, and so on.

On the topic of Pleonast’s casting of multiple votes, even though only one would count, I think that his fault (and that of all of the rest of us) is in doing too few, not too many. I read that as “I find all of these people sufficiently suspect that I would cast a vote for them if I could, and the only reason I’m not voting for the others is that I’m only allowed to do one”. But the thing is, there are at least 14 people in this game that we should suspect, and getting out information about that helps Town in the long run. I think that we should all be striving, not just to vote for one person, but to also make clear somehow a significant number of other people we consider worthy of votes. We don’t necessarily need to format them as votes, like Pleonast did, but there should be a lot more FOSes flying around than there are.

Unofficial final Day One votecount (Thing Fish’s count, Edited and colorized by SNF and UPDATED for N1 blues)

Lakai (18 votes) - Inner Stickler (257), RedSkeezix(319), Plumpudding(647), Light Foot (883), Koldanar (900), Scathach (1031), AngeloftheNorth (1078), Hockey Monkey (1102), Drain Bead (889), Raventhief (1109), Meeko (1082), buffytabby (1094), jsgoddess (1129), Hoopy Frood (1130), MHaye (1176), nesta (1187), ComeToTheDarkSideWeHaveCookies (1206), Nanook of the North Shore (1208)

ToeJam (15 votes) - Sunny Daze (113), Hooker Chemical (184), sinjin (200), Sachertorte (534), Captain Klutz(796), Normal Phase (1011), Prof. Pepperwinkle (1057), BillMC (1152), septimus (1154), Biotop (1178), Guiri (1182), EnderW24 (1195), Chronos (1197), snfaulkner (1205), Lakai (1209)

colby11 (6 votes) - Texcat (91), ToeJam (132), Hawkeye(350), brewha (683), Pleonast (841), Suburban Plankton (1026)

Angelofthenorth (3 votes) - Zeriel(413), TotalLost(492), Boozahol Squid PI (546),

PLAYERS WITH 1 VOTE:
Pleonast (1 vote) - Thing Fish (794)
snfaulkner (1 vote) - diggitcamera (264)
Normal Phase (1 vote) - Johnny Bravo (36),
Texcat (1 vote) - Scathach(758)
brewha (1 vote) - Colby11 (946)

So even when Colby doesn’t get lynched, he still doesn’t make it to Day 2.

If that’s Paul and **Lakai **(Mark II), NAF already introduced 'em last Night.

47 votes cast out of 54 players. FOS on anyone who didn’t vote, and on anyone who posted less than 10 times considering just how long D1 was.

Fudge. Only I didn’t say fudge. A very bad start for us indeed.

Based on the vote record above, I’m officially FOSsing:

Inner Stickler, RedSkeezix, Plumpudding, Light Foot, Koldanar, Scathach, AngeloftheNorth, Hockey Monkey, Drain Bead, Raventhief, Meeko, buffytabby, jsgoddess, Hoopy Frood, MHaye, nesta, ComeToTheDarkSideWeHaveCookies, Nanook of the North Shore

Texcat, ToeJam, Hawkeye, brewha, Pleonast

Johnny Bravo

They all voted for a confirmed towner. Are they all scum? Certainly not. I’m willing to bet a large chunk of them are confused townies. I’m also wary of the one-off voters:

Thing Fish, diggitcamera, Scathach
Now, to try and whittle this entire group down further…

That’s, um, disgusting. Yes. Disgusting is the word I want. Also, apparently Colby should change his name and try playing as someone else entirely, because it sucks to be him.

Not a great start to the day at all.

Who posted in D1N1? spoilered for your protection

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 1,447
User Name Posts
LightFoot 91
Normal Phase 84
Plumpudding 81
AngeloftheNorth 70
Meeko 64
Suburban Plankton 62
Total Lost 59
snfaulkner 59
NAF1138 56
Prof. Pepperwinkle 56
Thing Fish 53
jsgoddess 44
raventhief 42
GuiriEnEspaña 41
Chronos 40
septimus 38
Drain Bead 37
Biotop 29
Johnny Bravo 25
Boozahol Squid, P.I. 24
bufftabby 24
HookerChemical 23
Hoopy Frood 22
TexCat 22
Sunny Daze 22
sachertorte 21
Mahaloth 20
Lakai 18
ComeToTheDarkSideWeHaveCookies 17
Captain Klutz 17
Hockey Monkey 17
Nanook of the North Shore 16
Scathach 16
sinjin 14
Zeriel 13
Crys75 12
brewha 11
Pleonast 10
Colby11 9
Enderw24 8
BillMC 6
nesta 6
MHaye 5
ToeJam 5
DiggitCamara 5
Hawkeyeop 5
Sario 5
storyteller0910 4
Inner Stickler 3
Khameleon 3
Hal Briston 3
Koldanar 3
Idle Thoughts 3
paulwhoisaghost 2
Precambrianmollusc 1
Red Skeezix 1
Show Thread & Close Window

That didn’t work too well for him either. We played a game were everyone was signed in under a sock account (HOH3 on Giraffe). He was lynched D1, then subbed back in and got lynched D2.