Mafia Reunion - Day Two

Honestly, I want people to vote me. Considering I completely botched my game because of the pain pills. Eliminating me would allow and give some cred to the rest of my faction so you guys wouldn’t have to doubt anymore that we are non hostile. I highly doubt that scum holds the other half of the switch to their bodyguard role. That seems highly overpowered. I really would like to see a resolution on brewha today because they lied, and I have a huge huge ping because their gameplay seems to be very much like digging for information.

Thank you Professor PepperWinkle.

If I’m reading this correctly:

1. My tone N0 came off to deferential and accommodating on N0 in reply to Sinjin.
    1b. I smudged Normal Phase and **Guiri **(who I’d like to snuggle now).
  2. I came across very deferential again when I claimed to have a super aggressive play style.
  3. I’m just going to quote **Hooker **directly:
  1. The “I try to sound townie as scum” defense is pretty much a non-defense. It’s acknowledging that the tone people are picking up is consistent with his scum game. But even that isn’t saying much because scum almost always wants to “play townie.”

The problem with N0.412 isn’t that it’s a townie post responding to questions. It’s the tone of that response and just how damn friendly and responsive it’s trying to be. That’s completely at odds with the “aggressive” and “offputting” playstyle he’s claiming.

1. The FOS on Sunny d1 was weak.
    6.Summary:
My Responses:
1. Yes. I did come off differential to **Sinjin**. That's because it's **Sinjin**.
It's also night 0, a new game, and I'm not trying to piss people off despite an Aggressive play style. Aggressive can be a lot of things, but no one of that is needed N0. Also, again, I've not played Mafia in many years on the Dope. I don't know the play style of you guys, I don't know many of you in general actually. My goal is to enjoy the game, and I don't want to piss people off. 
  --back to my point though: Sinjin and I have a history in Mafia. It goes back to either MonkGate (shoes) or Firefly mafia. I cannot recall. But she was someone I was very "Aggressive" towards (I was stupider, younger, and dumber). It was something that came to where it may have gotten personal, and OOG we talked, and I apologized and then realized I was perhaps TOO aggressive.
 -So yes, whenever I remember **Sinjin**, I think of when I took Mafia too far, and I feel bad. She is someone i never really want to upset because of that experience. I don't think anyone but her and maybe a Mod of that game knew that. But yeah. Since then I'd like to think we're cool and she has no hard feelings either towards me. 

2. Smudging and Snuggling and FOS in general: I don't know how much you care about these, but I use these things as location markers for where my head is at a particular state in the game. The reason for these are so that when I die (which i expect to happen every game), people can go back an analyze where my suspicions are and at what time. So in that moment I may smudge/snuggle, but it's a marker point for my death. 
The FOS is just that- I find them suspicious. But I'm not going to vote for them just yet. My FOS could be gut suspicion, it could be something I'm picking up as way to note who I've got my eye on, it could be an easy place to have breadcrumbs if I die and am a Cop or something (which I'm not).
   --To claim that my FOS is weak... is a duh. That can happen. The reason it can be useful though is when again I die and we have more information. You're basically saying that my FOS is baseline is me not basically being allowed to highlight who i find suspicious or guilty.

--Now the counter to that is it is easier to lead towards manipulation, because you know where my thoughts are. But again, I think with my posting, every time I post I have a series of FOS, Suspsicions, Smudges (We all do, it's Mafia. It's inherent to posting on a message board and highlighting names). So I take it as a null- yes my FOS/Smudge/Snuggles put me at risk of being manipulated, but that's how I believe in playing Mafia, it's part of the fun. 

3. "He's lurking"- Or I work long hours and ended up realizing that I cannot play Mafia as regularly as I used to be able to however many years ago. There's lurking and then there's just being gone. I never came back to defend myself... and apparently nearly got lynched on day 1. At someone point you have to realize there's dedication to lurking and then there's "he's just not here guys". 
  -The reason I'm posting even in D2 is because I got a FB message saying I was at risk of being ModKilled. And as a Mafia player, ModKills suck for the Town and the game. I've realized I'm not going to be a high daily volume poster anymore, and I'm really only free on Saturdays and Sundays. So does that mean I shouldn't have signed up for the game? Probably. 
But I'm here, and I'm going to try to do my best. But again, I cannot change opinions from "He's intentionally doing it" to "he's just not here". 
 --Doing things to point out that I dont post anywhere else here and I'm not active in other parts of the dope isn't something I like using because it's OOG information, though that's usually how you find lurkers- people who are just floating along posting fluff or just present but not posting for hours at a time... aka: "Lurking". Not just... Not there.
  --and Lynching the Lurkers isn't a great thing, it's better to Vig them if the Vig has no better targets, but yeah. 

--Sorry for being gone. Can't say it won't continue. But I'd hope you can judge me at least on the current posts- which is to say, I'm trying dammit.

4. The position on **Colby**:
So again, I was expecting to participate more- **Colby **was an early vote on D1 for a slip up/turn of the phrase, and as I noted things can change over the course of the Day.
The problem is you have to be there for the rest of the day. To ascribe my motivations for remaining on **Colby **at the Day's end as being the same at the start of it is just false. I don't know what else came about that day, and likely I would have reacted to it, and I probably may or may not change my vote based on that. But my reasons for voting **Colby**- yeah they were weak, but I was expecting to return and be able to continue to participate in the Day. The fact that I didn't show up, well again see reason #3.

There's my defense for my Day 1. 
At some point I'll read it, but I've got work to do for now, so here's to the rest of the Day.
-R

Thank you

Unvote

Vote ToeJam

I think this is an interesting rush to nail a person who will have minimal time to defend himself.
-I don’t think I’m going to be lynched today, but if so, I think it’s VERY smart to look back at the voting patterns of Day 1 to Day 2. Because if the best you’ve got on me is Hooker’s stuff, it’s a terrible reason to vote someone… but an easy one to manipulate.

linky to countdown timer again

Approx 45 minutes as I post.

IMPORTANT MODERATORIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

The Official Moderatorial Teenage Daughter has just informed the Moderator in charge of ending toDay that she needs to be at an orchestra rehearsal 150 minutes earlier than expected - that is, at 3:00PM rather than at 5:30 as she previously informed the Moderator.

Accordingly, the Dusk will not be posted until the Moderator returns home from said errand, probably at close to 5:00PM.

However, and this is important, the Day will be considered to end at 3:00PM. Any votes, unvotes, or Day actions submitted after that time but before the Dusk will not be counted.

Mahanafteller Industries suggests you use this opportunity to pursue personal growth activities, or Candy Crush if that’s still a thing. Thank you for your patience.

This

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

The possibility certainly exists that they’re both Scum, just on different teams.

Since you asked–I couldn’t find an official ToeJam final vote count in a hurry, but here’s an unofficial one I managed to snag from the D1 thread.

Sunny Daze (113)
Hooker Chemical (184)
sinjin (200)
sachertorte (534)
Captain Klutz (796)
Normal Phase (1101)
Prof. Pepperwinkle (1057)
BillMC (1152)
[colorvblue]septimus [/color] (1154)

I’ll grab the most recent vote count next.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or, instead of scrambling to find it, I could have just used this, which was actually correct. Fucking hell.

Are you saying that you readily buy Sachs claim? No hesitation or second thought that they could be scum trying to buy town cooperation following you flipping 3rd party? Look at his claim… it’s posts no new info and conveniently dismisses away any for of corroboration. He took no actions, so there is no chance of verifying his claim. There is no way of actually handshaking and verifying his claim against yours… and his vote switch off of Brewha took you one step closer to the lynch, which is a very real possibility right now. I’m stunned that you are so ready to accept such a claim when it essentially doubles the danger to your wincon.

Okay. Quickly. From approximately post 990 on, here are the current ToeJam voters who changed their votes in that time period.

Sunny Daze (991 but not properly formatted, done right in 1023)
raventhief (1002)
Hooker Chemical (983)
Guiri (995)
Thing Fish (1000)
brewha (998)

Hmmm, didn’t think thorough enough about sach’s claim. Hence the quote: ^ bears repeating, and probably discussion now and toNight/Day3, depending on how things turn out.

I’m still partial to believe Crys, sach on the other hand I’m not so sure about.

Vote brewha

Quoting myself to correct typing issues.

Okay. Had to do some work, now back. All but ONE of ToeJam’s votes today came after post 900.

biotop (909)
sachertorte (913)
Captain Klutz (950)
sinjin (955)

And then the rest I mentioned earlier. This is shady AF.

Decisions decisions.

At the end of my last post I was trying to decide whether it would be better for Town to eliminate a claimed Vanilla with a claimed rein on a possibly pivotal role who has been caught in a lie, or a player about who we know nothing, who has been caught snuggling, claiming one behaviour and exhibiting another but who has a possibly problematic job.

Vote ToeJam

There is one point here that I don’t agree with. If Crys flips scum, Sach isn’t necessarily scum. That is to say it doesn’t mean Sach is on the same team as Crys. He could be from the opposing team or he could be a PFK not aligned with the cultists trying to slip in to the group. That way if they are investigated somehow and shown to be third party it’s old news. I don’t buy Sach’s claim… it provides no new info, Crys wasn’t in the lead when it happened, and it goes from 20% to 40% of their team being out in the open and at danger of being killed without adding any benefit for the cultists. And again, the unvote immediately following this claim is not consistent with my assessment of what a survivor cultist would do.

In case my count is off (I think brewha is still in the lead by a couple)

Unvote Pleonast

Vote ToeJam

I’m not caught up, but I see ToeJam is back. Since he won’t be mod killed:

Vote ToeJam

I agree… I didn’t run the numbers, but huge vote swings like that happening so close to the end of Day rarely benefit town.