Mafia--T2: Behind the Scenes

Woo! Let’s do dis thang…as soon as we fill up the rest of our slots.
So far:

1.Zsofia (f)
2.NAF (m)
3.Storyteller (m)
4.Shadowfax (m)
5.Thing Fish (?)
6.Digger (m)
7.NaturalBlondChap (m)
8.Rysto (m)
9.peeker (m)
10.Santo Rugger (m)
11.BlaM (m)
12.Squidio (m)
13.One and Only Wanderers (m?)
14.Drainbead (f)
15.Cookies (f)
16.Mhaye (m?)

Sublist: Koldanar, Pollux Oil, Dot.

In plain terms, Mafia is a game involving a group of players, called “the town”, and a smaller subset of players, called “the scum”. The town are trying to kill all the scum, and they can do that by killing one person a day (by general concensus). The scum have to hide during the day, but they know each other at night and can kill someone at night. The scum win when they have enough people to reveal themselves without fear. The town when when all the scum die.

Oh, grief. And I was promising myself one game at a time.

/in

Role descriptions can be found here.

1-7: Vanilla
8. Politican (can buy someone else’s vote, would direct his vote by PM filtered through us)
9. Bus Driver (switches two people at night and who targets them)
10. Roleblocker (typical roleblocker)
11. Commuter (can hide (be untargetable) at night, can’t use power two nights in a row)
12. Doc (typical doc)
13. Paranoid Doc (blocks and protects)
14. Suicidal Vig (works like Pleo’s vig)
15. The T-800–Vig, except without suicide. Can kill the assassian T-1000. If Sarah or John Conner would be killed, instead the killer and the T-800 are killed. If the assassian T-1000 dies, so does the T-800.
16. John Conner–Every night, he asks someone a question. They answer. And everyone hears it via tape recorder the next day.
17. Sarah Conner–Every dawn, she intimidates someone or the people voting for somone, which makes them start with +3 lynch points, or -3 lynch points. Starting day 3, she drives people insane, making people lose their powers. 1 person on day 3, 2 on day 4, etc. Powerless people might be targeted, and the same person might be targeted repeatedly.
18-20. Vanilla scum
21. Jester Scum If he is lynched before there are 12 people or less, he will recruit target of his choice as vanilla scum.
22. Secret Agent T-1000–Cannot communicate with other scum, but he knows who they are and they know who he isn’t. Each day, he chooses one person to copy, at night he gets notified of what their powers are and can use them that night. Can be ordered to do the kill on X by the other scum, or ordered to do the kill but choose the target by the other scum.

Day start. Each day will last a (work)week, except for the first, to accomadate Shadow Facts. All votes will be made by borda count. This means that each player must vote for three people, like so:

I vote for:
1.Santo Rugger
2.NAF1138
3.Thing Fish

As usual: Votes in Bold and Blue, Unvotes in Bold and REd, Mod questions in Bold and Green

Or, you could make three seperate posts at different times. If done this way, I’ll assume you mean 1. for the first vote, 2. for the second, and 3. for the third.

IMPORTANT: If a player votes for less than three people at the end of the day, their vote does not count. At all. Please, when the day comes near the end, clarify your votes, by arranging them in one post. This post must be grape, and can include both votes and unvotes. However, it isn’t not strictly nessecary.

No countdown. At the end of the day, all of the 1. votes are assigned 3 points, the 2. votes assinged 2 points, and 3. votes assigned one points. The person with the most lynch points is tossed into the vat of molten metal.
This website may help We are using the truncated version.

There may or may not be more secrets.

NO QUOTING PM’s

I know the idea of quoting pm’s has picked up steam recently, but I do not allow it. If you do so, you will get smacked down quite righteousley.

Due to difficulties in processing the votes already (i.e. if we allowed it would be to frikkin difficult to vote count) any vote for no-lynch will count as blank and thus invalidate the vote. Don’t vote no-lynch.

Yay! Another person.

1.Zsofia (f)
2.NAF (m)
3.Storyteller (m)
4.Shadowfax (m)
5.Thing Fish (?)
6.Digger (m)
7.NaturalBlondChap (m)
8.Rysto (m)
9.peeker (m)
10.Santo Rugger (m)
11.BlaM (m)
12.Squidio (m)
14.Drainbead (f)
15.Cookies (f)
16.Mhaye (m?)
17.CatInASuit (m)

Yo, can you re PM me the links to the secret boards?

I probably shouldn’t, but… what the hey. /in

posting for subscription to thread. See you in the game guys.

Four slots left. If anyone wanted to try the game but is hesitant, you chould sign up now, these will go quick.

1.Zsofia (f)
2.NAF (m)
3.Storyteller (m)
4.Shadowfax (m)
5.Thing Fish (?)
6.Digger (m)
7.NaturalBlondChap (m)
8.Rysto (m)
9.peeker (m)
10.Santo Rugger (m)
11.BlaM (m)
12.Squidio (m)
14.Drainbead (f)
15.Cookies (f)
16.Mhaye (m?)
17.CatInASuit (m)
18.DiggitCamera (m?)

Also, can people with question marks please confirm their genders? I don’t want to use the wrong pronoun the entire game.

Oh, I’ll play. But I’m not devoting nearly as much time to it as I did last game. That was such a waste.

And here was me thinking m? meant I was a man of mystery…

yep def m

I’m going to invite a select few members of the facebook group that Idle Thoughts started. There are a few of them that I think would do quite well here.

I am m.

Looking forward to it!

I’ll give it a crack. M, BTW, OK?

Flyfisheron has expressed interest and is validating his membership as I type.

He’s not allowed to use the newb card, since we’ve been Masons together, and talked a bit of strategy after he died in the last game. Sorry, Flyfisheron. :wink:

I’m in. Thanks Rugger.

No, I won’t. In a rush of blood to the head, I kind of forgot I’m about to go on holiday for two weeks, and I know what a PITA absent players are.

Almost Human has expressed interest, also. She doesn’t get to claim the newb card, either.

Jeez thanks Santo now I can’t act all innocent!

I’m in :slight_smile: