Major League Baseball: The 2010 Playoffs

What a confidence-shattering way for the young Reds to get abused by Roy. I have to give it up to him, he was lights-out. But goddamnit, when you SEE a pitcher throwing first-pitch strikes almost EVERY TIME throughout a game, SWING THE FUCKING BAT! Jesus. The Reds hitters were trying to be patient, Halladay abused them all throughout the game by getting ahead on first pitches, and then predictably, the Reds batters would swing at his junk on the 2nd and 3rd pitches.

Fuck.

Ah well, we don’t face Halladay tomorrow. Maybe our NL-leading offense can get its shit together and touch up Oswalt. What sweet revenge that would be.

Meh, he gave up a walk. I’m not impressed.

Yeah, but FoieGrasIsEvil, did you notice in the fifth or so that Halliday started to switch things up? He threw some stuff in the dirt on the early pitches and guys were swinging at junk, so they had to go back to being patient and looking for their pitch.

What an awesome start for the Phillies and Halliday. It felt awfully similar to Cliff Lee’s start in Game 1 against the Rockies last year. People were talking about Cliff Lee not having many post season starts and if he could be as good and he goes out and throws an amazing start at Colorado. Now, Halladay has similar questions thrown at him and he comes out and makes history. Hopefully the rest of the Phillies starters can keep it up and the bats can make some noise.

That was awesome. Here comes the Yankees and Twinkies.

He only did that in the middle inning or two. I saw it as well. But he went right back to it in the last three innings. The Reds hitters looked like deer in headlights. I don’t have an answer but if the Reds cannot change their approach in the next game they are over.

Deja-vu all over again for the Twinkies…

Joe

I fucking hate the Yankees. MLB should contract those fuckers out of baseball.

I posted something about a Yankee solution last year during the WS on Facebook. Basically it’s this.

1. We get all the fans of Philly, Minnesota, Kansas City, Mets, Braves, Red Sox (of course), White Sox too, Blue Jays, etc.

2. We wait for another pointless Yankee win in the WS.

3. Each of us who hate the Yankees walk to the nearest fan and punch them as hard as you can in the face. This has to happen somewhat simultaneously. Right as soon as the Yanks win, PUNCH.

For legal purposes, I ask that the punchers should keep it even-- men punch Yankee men, women punch Yankee women, ages should be approximate too. Straights punch straights, black punches black, white punches white, etc. This will leave the hate crime possibilities out of the courtroom.

Now just imagine this. Just imagine this happening. Over 2 million Yankee fans assaulted at the same time all around the globe just as soon as they win another one.
All these poor pinstripe lickers all moaning and crying, “Why do you HATE us so much?? Waaaaaaaaaah!!!”

Illegal? Sure. Hurtful. Mmm-hmm. But isn’t that what the Yankees do to the rest of us? :smiley:

Someone please start a website for me on this. See how many members we get. I’ll take the responsibility as the World Series “Ring Leader.”

I hate those late start games. Yawn. It’s easier to fall asleep after a sweet win like that though.

Waaaaaah.

It would take all of you. And you’d still get your asses kicked.

Last night the TBS announcer said something dumb about how the Twin fans were saying to themselves, “I can’t believe this is happening.” As demonstrated by DTC though we all know what Twins fans were saying was, “Here we go again.”

That was as good a 1st day of playoffs as I can recall. Game 1 Cliff Lee looked great by all reports and the box score. Watching Doc was magnificent, I always say year in year out he is the best. The Yanks beat the Twins in an exciting game and even overcome a 9th inning blown call.

Good day for baseball.

Gaah! I hate the Yankees!

When you’ve got a three-run lead on Sabathia, you’ve got to close the deal. You probably won’t get that chance again. I can’t help thinking about 2004, I think it was … the Twins took Game 1 in Yankee Stadium and were leading Game 2 with Nathan coming in to close it out. I was so excited that the Twins, of all teams, were going to take two straight on the road in New York! Well, they lost that one, the next two, and it seems like every stinkin’ playoff game since to the stinkin’ Yankees.

Blurgh.

Very, very exciting day of baseball yesterday. Halladay is just a killer. I was surprised to see the Rangers get to Tampa the way they did, but Price was not good in September and he didn’t have it yesterday. Liriano really had the Yankees for five innings, and then they performed one of their patented playoff comebacks. In game two they’re playing with house money, and the Twins have lost 10 playoff games in a row.

Fuck the yankees.

Also fuck that dipshit radio announcer they have who always does that stupid, quavery, “the-e-e-e-e-e Yankes win!” thing. That’s got to be the most obnoxious announcing signature I’ve ever heard.

Yes, I am bitter. It’s like Groundhog Day every post-season here.

It might be house money, but as I hate Pavanno the way so many hate the Yanks, I would love to see him pounded from the game in the first inning. However, I expect he will probably pitch a good 7 inning game.

Well at least you have Favre and Moss.

John Sterling is actually a fairly crappy announcer and his partner Susan Waldman is worse, but even this pair is way better than the two top national teams with McCarver or Miller.

For some reason the Yanks’ good announcers are all on TV.

Seriously? John Miller is awesome.

Joe

Oops, well I don’t think Miller is awesome but I mistyped, I meant Joe Morgan.

It’s very annoying. No, we can’t do anything about it. It would be a tiny bit less annoying if he only did it when the game ended on an exciting play, but no, he has to fake his enthusiasm and do “THUUUUUuuUUUUuuuuuuHH Yankees win!” all the freaking time. I used to like him, but that call and his nicknames for the players just got to be too much.

I’d love to see it. But in these series, game one is huge and the Yankees already got that one. I’m trying to reduce my level of palm-sweating and heart palpitations during game two.