Make it Stop - Please

I was reading This Thread yesterday, and dagnabit, I have been singing John Jacob Jingleheimerschmidt for the last 24 hours:smack:. Make it stop, oh please make it stop. Sing anything. Something to get into my head.

Well, “It’s a small world, after all.”
Feel better now? :stuck_out_tongue:

Mr Duck, I think you’ve flown into the wrong forum. More MPSIMS, I would say.

“See the tree, how big it’s grown…”

I think we’ve had a thread on stopping these song loops in GQ before. I can’t remember the upshot of it, but I use sequential replacement:
If ‘John Jacob Jingleheimer schmidt’ is causing trouble, I replace him with say, ‘It’s a small world, after all’, then ‘I’m on top of the world’ or ‘seasons in the sun’, gradually working towards something eminently forgetable like ‘Standing on a corner in Winslow, Arizona’ or ‘Watching Scotty Grow’. After a few rounds with one of those, the problem usually goes away.

Yes it is a small world after all, and yes I definately posted in the wrong forum.
I’m sorrrry…so sorrry… please accept my apologeee…

<mod>

Ducking as this thread migrates over to MPSIMS…

</mod>

Anything, eh?

“Ohooh I feel somethin’ comin’
Feels like a riot in the dungeon
You stand to die
Or start your runnin’
'Cause there’s a riot in the dungeon!”
Yngwie Malmsteen, writer and performer of some damned catchy songs/guitar intensive instrumentals.

Don’t forget to sing the chorus after every verse.

> Chorus:
>
> Give me that Old Time Religion,
> Give me that Old Time Religion,
> Give me that Old Time Religion …
> It’s good enough for me!
>
> We will worship Aphrodite,
> 'Though she’s kind of wild and flighty -
> We will see her in her 'nighty
> And that’s good enough for me!
>
> We’ll sing praises to Apollo;
> Where the Sun God leads we’ll follow
> ('Though his head’s a little hollow) -
> He’s good enough for me!

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY, Ameruhkuh, we stand as one,
USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY, Ameruhkuh, we stand as one…

And you must carry ooooooooon!!

Can’t get you out of my head, boy, you’re all that I think about, I just can’t you get out of my head… na na na, nanananana, na na na, nanananana…
runs for her life

Beach baby, beach baby, give me…for two days
has now morphed into Bush baby, bush baby, give me… today.

It must be an Australian bush baby messing with my mind.

This is the song that doesn’t end,
yes it goes on and on my friends,
Somebody started singing it, not knowing what it was,
And they’ll continue singing it forever just because
This is the song that doesn’t end…

Or you could take George Michael’s “Faith” which has been in my head for days now…

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa bear went over the mountain, the bear went over the mountain, the bear went over the mountaaaaaaaaaaaaaain…to see what he could see.

He saw a bunch of blue birds he saw a bunch of blue birds, he saw a bunch of blue biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirds…and whaddaya think he did?

He ate up all the blue birds, he ate up all the blue birds, he ate up all the blue biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirds… and whaddaya think they did?

They gave him indigestion, they gave him indigestion, they gave him indigestioooooooon… so whaddaya think he did?

He took some alka seltzer, he took some alka seltzer, he took some alka seltzeeeeeeeeeeer… and whaddaya think he did?

He burped up all the blue birds, he burped up all the blue birds, he burped up all the blue biiiiiiiiiiiiiirds…and whaddaya think they did?

They went and told his mommy, they went and told his mommy, they went and told his mommyyyyyyyyyyyy…and whaddaya think she did?

She spanked his little bottom, she spanked his little bottom, she spanked his little bottooooooooom…and whaddaya think he did?

He never went over the mountain, he never went over the mountain, he never went over the mountaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiin…to see what he could see.

(It would appear the cure is worse than the disease…I cannot believe I still remember that stupid song from camp.)

I know a song that gets on everybodies nerves
everybodies nerves
everybodies nerves
and this is how it goes:
everybodies nerves
everybodies nerves
and this is how it goes:…

I’m sorry, so sorry, but i had to do it <evil grin>

it could be worse, i could have linked to this pag…oops, sorry :wink:

whatever you do, DO NOT play them both at the same time, i made that mistake for a few seconds and my head almost exploded…

That’s cool. I’ll go with race car noises all day tomorrow.
…rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr,
uhrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr,
rrrruhrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr…

“Duke of Earl”

'nuff said.

I trimmed your post, Clothahump, because, although this is a parody song, I couldn’t verify who wrote it (although it’s all over the 'net) and whether it’s in the public domain. Unfortunately for the humor of the song, better safe than sorry.

Holy shite, I was whistling that when I clicked on this thread. :eek: