Makeitstop Makeitstop Makeitstop

Every morning and evening when my roommate goes in to the bathroom and starts to brush his teeth, I hear the sound of the brushing, and I know it’s going to happen in a few seconds. Then…
CLLLLKKH. CCLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLKKHHHH. CLLLHHHHAAKKKK. CLLLLLLLLKKKHHHH.

The first time it happened, I thought he was choking, and I’d have to run in and extract the toothbrush from his esophagus. Now I want to run in and jam it down there.

One of my brothers will suck the post nasal drip down the back of his throat. Makes me gag everytime.

Any three noises at the same time: kitchen fan, kid noise, tv, radio, water running, vaccuum. I’ll be fine with one or two of them, but three just short circuits something in my little pea brain and makes me want to run for the hills.

The sound of my little brother playing the recorder. He CAN NOT PLAY, and he thinks he’s awesome at it. It’s worse than his singing!

Fingernails tapping on metal…particularly the sort of metal used to make musical instruments and mouthpieces for such instruments. Every day I sit next to a trombone player who is absolutely incapable of NOT TAPPING ON HIS TROMBONE FOR FIVE MINUTES. I threatened to pull out his fingernails yesterday, but that didn’t work. Besides, even if he’s not tapping, he’s pounding the mouthpiece into the horn, making this weird squelchy noises. Gahhhh.

Plus there’s my brother and all his nasal issues, but that’s more of a “That’s nasty” reaction than a “I will kill you if you don’t stop that Right. Now.” reaction.

Actually, I liked the humming of my fish tank. When the last of my goldfish buds passed away and I turned the tank off, I was surprised at how loud my two clocks tick. Even three years later, I can’t get used to the sound.

I live in a studio apartment and I can attest that the fridge is loud and annoying at times too. Thankfully, I live where air conditioners are rare. I’m sure I would like them either.

My apartment faces an alley, which is a dead-end and we’re at its entrance. We get to hear the garbage trucks every weekday both coming and going. Why in the world do garbage trucks HAVE TO BE SO %&*#* LOUD??? I know its to annoy me! ARRGHH!!

A fork scraping on a plate and making that EEEEEEEEEEEEEE noise. I once told a dinner guest, “Do that again and you’re eating on the porch.” Fortunately, he was and still is a good friend.

That licking noise my dog (and less so, my cats) makes. It’s a surefire way to get kicked outta the bedroom.

The sound of nails being clipped. Once I was stuck in a meeting with a guy who was clipping his nails, he thought, surreptitiously. It was all I could do to not go over and yank them out of his hands and use that teeny file to stab him in the eye.

Whistling. I hate it. I can’t stand people hanging around near me whistling. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhh!

My roommate’s cell phone!! It has one of those dumb ring tones,
which would be okay… except…
It plays “London Bridge is Falling Down, Falling Down, Falling Down, London Bridge is Falling Down, Falling Down, Falling Down” OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER
because she leaves it in the room and forgets to turn it off
which would be okay… except…
I think its batteries are dying, so it plays “London Bridge is Falling Down, Falling Down, Falling Down…” OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER… just a little bit flat.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUGH

The phones in my office. Their ring sounds like baby turkeys gobbling. AAAAAAAAAARGH!!! And the intercom beep…:eek:
A big long sound, BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPP! Makes my skin crawl. Makes me jump in my chair. Makes me want to rip the damn phone out of the wall and through it through the window!

[sub]could I possibly need meds?[/sub]

I thought i was the only one! This noise is in second place, however, to inexplicable rattles that I have no control over, i.e. in my car or in a classroom where I am trying to learn. Wow, that really puts me on edge.

Mine may sound odd.

When I’m on a plane, and the engines are out of sync, they hum at different pitches.

IT DRIVES ME FREAKING BATTY!

I’ve once pointed it out to a member of the crew, and she was amused… went to the cockpit, and sure enough, the captain confirmed that I was right (though there’s obviously nothing they can do about it in flight.) She (the crew gal) was impressed.

I had a headache for the rest of the flight.

Being trapped on a long bus journey with someone’s Walkman going zsh zsh zsh rtta rtta tink zsh for what feels like geological eras always makes me slightly cranky. There was a bimbo on the morning bus who kept doing this, but she’s stopped now - I think her MP3 player burned out under the influence of the Hate Rays I was beaming at it.

I can’t stand the scraping/scratching when you write with a fountain pen that’s just run out of ink. Fortunately I don’t write with a fountain pen much anymore, but if anyone writes with a quill on TV I run screaming from the room.

My wife hates anyone (me included) eating apples, and the sound you get when rubbing your hands across an inflated balloon.

N.

Me. Too. Especially when it’s someone I don’t know.

A raspberry, when somebody makes that noise with their tongue in my proximity, it vibrates in my nasal sinuses. Makeitstop!!!

Jack@ss said, “An infant crying. I’m sorry, but when I hear a baby crying, I just want to run away. I know, lots of parents will think I’m a bad man for this.”

No we don’t. Many parents feel like this a lot. And I mean A LOT. We stay because it’s the law.

The “BREEEEEEEEP-BREEEEEEEEEP-BREEEEEEEEEP” alarm clock sound. Hate it when I’m asleep of course, but anytime I hear it like on a commercial or something, I have to change the channel.

The bathroom/kitchen fan - it just builds and builds jitteriness in me. The second it’s turned off is blessed relief.

Screaming Babies - crying is ok, but when the child starts to scream??? I’ve gotta be somewhere else. My husband calls this “the birth control effect”. I may want a child in theory, but spend time with a screamer and I’m back on the bc pills!

My alarm clock in the morning REALLY aggravates me! Hmmm, perhaps that is the point…

It’s reminiscent of Dumb and Dumber when the two are making “the most annoying noise in the world” but my alarm clock does it in spurts…

Ennnnnnnn Ennnnnnnnn Ennnnnnnn Ennnnnnnnnn

:shudder: