Making a Music Video... need....Ideas,hints,tips,tricks

I made a musc video once and it turned out great, even though I only had the basics of the time. 80’s…

I have recently purchased Pinnacle editing software, digital video camera and of course I have a few ideas…

But I am hoping you will give me some even better ideas.
Places to film…
Things to do… ( Please keep it clean… ) :wink:
Lighting tricks…
Camera angles…

I am on a limited budget…
This is for my own personal use… taking my fav songs and making my own video version of the song…
Dear Mod, I considered putting this in Cafe but thought perhaps I would get a more varied response here, feel free to move if you must…

Well, it depends on the song. What songs were you looking at?

Video clips are about fitting images to songs, not about fitting songs to images.

gex gex,
The songs I am considering will be country and pop and oldies.
The video I made previously did start out with a song. While filming, we were dancing on the beach to one song but in the middle of editing I realized another song would be more appropriate and I was able to add it and it appeared as though we had been dancing to it originally…

For my next video I am simply going to have my daughter and her fiancee’ slow dancing to one song in different outfits, in many different places, at the lake, on a small covered bridge, in a field, etc.
will be going for the romantic look with this one…
The best part is I found some really cheap evening dresses at Goodwill for $3-5.00. In real life no one would wear the dresses but on video they will look great using soft focus.

I’ll leave it here for now, and if it doesn’t get the responses you need, I’ll move it to Cafe Society for you, o.k.? :slight_smile:

K, thanks, C

My buddy’s made a bunch of music videos (including the songs “Rock & Roll McDonald’s” by Wesley Willis, “Beach Patrol” by Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band, and “Pygmalism” by Momus).

Basically, it seems to me that you really have two choices… either try to tell a story that’s vaguely related to the theme and feel of the song, or make a montage of unrelated scenes that pertain to the song.

I’ll have my buddy stop in here and give some advice.