Making sig line on by default

When posting replies, I have the little “Show Signature” checkbox below the Message block. My problem is that, even though I’ve defined a sig in my profile, the box is unchecked by default, meaning that I have to remember to check it. Any way to fix this?
Hmmm…re-reading this, it sounds so whiny, but I really am interested in finding out if I can fix this.

grem

The default is “OFF” and you must check the sig file option for each post you make.

your humble TubaDiva
Administrator

Hokey Dokey! Thanks for the lightning reply TubaDiva!

TubaDiva,

Why is the default for the sig off?

Z

Dammit, this is why it bugs me. I preview my reply, it looks fine (including the sig), but it unchecks the sig option. I post the reply, and my sig is gone.

Z

Zabes, both these little vB quirks were extensively discussed here in ATMB at the time of the switchover in May. You could do a search for “sig” and see what comes up (if you’re that interested in reading some ancient history). :wink:

The short answer is, yeah, that’s just the way it is. You have to check “Show Signature” every time, and if you Preview Reply, it loses the check and you have to re-check it. You’ll get used to it–we all did.

Sigh…I wish my world were perfect…sigh…

I’ll just keep practicing. Thanks for the info, DDG…

Z

The default in sigs was turned to “OFF” because that’s what most people prefer and are comfortable with. And it also saves bandwith, which is always a consideration around here.

Sorry for any inconvenience this might be causing you; it’s another of those Star Trek moments. “The greatest good for the greatest number.”

your humble TubaDiva
Administrator