Man found dead inside a dinosaur statue

That sounds plausible.

No one wants to trivialize tragedy. I’m just saying that at least it was a statue of a meat eater. Imagine the embarrassment of succumbing to a plant eating dinosaur…

And if it was the back leg, he could have called FEMA.

Well, now I feel particularly bad. Both for the man and his lack of verisimilitude. Still, perhaps a few vegetarians would order salad - but wouldn’t send back the hamburger if it came by mistake.

It certainly wasn’t intelligently designed.

I saw that and had a similar thought. OTOH …

But I wondered if that was in fact the armature of the sculpture as you say, or was a crude scab covering the authorities put over the hole to prevent a second tragedy after they cut into the leg to get the dead body out.

After all, the whole point of making the hole in the leg was to remove a dead body through it. That could not have happened with the structure of the leg looking as it does in the vid.

I suppose we could say the guy had bad DNA

Dinosaur
iNterior
Activities

Of course you’re right. If you’re not, may we all be horribly crushed from above somehow.

There are some thread titles you can’t pass by.

If only the stegosaurs at issue had been able to pass its last meal…

It’s definitely what @LSLGuy said, you can see bolts around the edge of the hole holding the metal patch in in place at 0:15 in the video.

Either way, it must have landed in the wrong leg.

He must have died thinking, “If only I’d pulled to the other leg; it’s shorter.”

Yeah, something like that now seems much more likely. Definitely not through the mouth given the location of the flowers and cut and where he presumably was found, plus the mouth doesn’t seem like an interesting place to take a picture, whether into the body or facing outward.

This story makes me want a Bones revival even more.

Barcelona authorities find local man dead inside dinosaur .
What are the odds. Certainly a horrible way to die but… common… How bizarre is that?

If a psychic says you’re going to be killed by a Stegosaurus you might want to steer clear of them.

Already a thread

well my search for the word dinosaur was a fail

I’ve found that there’s a drop down menu that has a sort filter. “relevance” seems to be the default option and clearly discourse and I don’t see eye to eye on what constitutes relevance. But another option “most recent” usually gives me good results.

I actually started to write about this a couple days ago but was interrupted. Mine was teenager-carnival-psychic says killed by stegosaurus-laugh-fast forward 30 years-last thought is “The psychic was right! Damn!”

I wonder if the police interviewed the artist? Maybe he had a long term plan for killing people in his sculpture and this was just his first victim. Did the police look in all the legs for other victims? Enquiring minds want to know.