Man found dead inside a dinosaur statue

What’s the psychic thing referring to?

@Magiver a few posts up was originally the OP of a different thread. He made mention of psychics in his then-OP.

I bet @mordecaiB was just following along his lead. Once that thread was imported into this thread the psychic angle now seems like a weird late-blooming hijack.

My theory is that he was homeless and had been sleeping inside the dinosaur. It would be the perfect spot for a creative person to get out of the wind and rain. Then his phone fell down in the leg and the tragedy ensued.

From the story linked in the OP

According to local media, the dead man had been reported missing by his family a few hours before his body was discovered.

I saw that, but I didn’t see anything about psychics in the article.

You are supposed to read the writer’s mind.

One of the most beloved exhibits at the Cleveland Museum of Natural History is the stegosaurus statue outside. But it’s designed to be strong enough that children can climb on it, and the legs are actual size, not the exaggerated ones of that statue, such that even if a person could somehow get inside, they wouldn’t fit into a leg.

I saw @Magiver’s comment about psychics as just him making a funny. Nothing to do with the article. Then @mordecaiB tried to top it.

No deeper than that. IMO.

Nope, that’s about as deep as I run. I just thought it was funny that @Magiver had the same thought as I did a couple days ago but didn’t have a chance to post.

Doesn’t paper mache require an armature inside? I wonder what was used and how much smaller it made the interior spaces.

Hang on, are you saying this wasn’t a meta-joke on being psychic?

It could be both, you know. Psychic stuff is weird!

Was. Not was.

Open the door.
Get on the floor.
Everybody walk the dinosaur.

Do homeless people have cell phones?

Just like the Gypsy woman said!

The lack of empathy of most posters here really surprises me.

Haven’t any of you been temporarily stuck for a few minutes sometime? Under a car or piece of furniture… And you start to panic. But you force yourself to calm down and wriggle free.

Imagine this happening for several hours–and then you die.

It’s breathtaking. I’m struggling to understand it. You can’t escape from the conclusion that people are just stuck in a hollow unsympathetic mindset.

It’s not like it’s a new thing.

riemann

Look, if people don’t want me making fun of their demise, they should die in a less hilarious manner.

It’s weird how you go years without hearing a word like stegosaurus, then see it everywhere. Was reading a David Sedaris story. He was talking about some French amusement park, and said its logo looked like a stegosaurus holding a ham sandwich.

Takeaways:

1. Even professionals consider stegosauruses to be meat eaters.

2. Europe, or at least France and Spain, seem to have a thing for them.