Man found dead inside a dinosaur statue

I once held up the front end of an Opel GT when the jack failed, probably for one second. It ruined a nice Craftsman tool box. I slid off a steep roof with a clothes line tested at 100 pounds, I weigh 110, and I wondered what the factor of safety for a closeline was. I cried out , “G-d damn it!” and just before I went off the roof to dangle in space, I looked up and said, “I didn’t mean it.”

By the time he was in there a couple of minutes it must have hit him that he already had one grave in the foot.

Ouch.

Have they ruled out the possibility that as he was fiddling around inside it, he had a heart attack or stroke and then dropped his phone and slid after it?

We are each under a sentence of death, though the time an manner be as yet unknown to most of us. To say that we lack empathy for laughing before our turn at the gallows is an unfair mold to cast us in. A better mold to be cast in than a stegosaurus leg, but still…

The horror of it was noted early on. Truly a bad way to die. But if you go head first into a dinosaur mouth/leg your horrible death falls into the Darwin Award category.

Yes, and this is why people generally avoid going head first into dinosaurs and chimneys.

Maybe he was killed somewhere else and dumped there. Fat Tony, I’m looking at you.

(I’ve been watching too much Bosch lately.)

Maybe he was killed inside a hollow papier-mâché Triceratops, then his body was dumped in the hollow papier-mâché Stegosaurus to throw the police off the scent. They lived about 70 million years apart, so the cops probably would never have made the connection.

^ Our prime suspect:

Man found dead inside fuel tanker trailer, authorities still trying to determine why he was in there.

…the tanker was parked “next door to the Old Lion’s Den adult bookstore”. The plot thickens.

Fuel is made from oil. Oil is made from dead dinosaurs.
Duh. Just a copycat.

Ever since dinosaurs found out they didn’t really go extinct 65 million years ago they’ve been on a rampage. Just yesterday a dinosaur took a shit on my car!

Or at least gets more long-dried jizz on it. Ewww!

I interpreted “closed” as in “out of business” adult bookstore. There’s some indication the body was in the tanker for a couple days. During which time it probably drove rode all over the county.

When I was a kid we had two big metal gasoline cans in the garage; one for gasoline and one for paint thinner.

To tell them apart we Dymo labeled one of them as “Cream of dinosaur soup”. The other was “Johnson’s dinosaur oil”.

Wait … What? You say Johnson’s baby oil isn’t made from babies? Who knew??!1?

Maybe this young man should also have opted for the Stegosaurus. I imagine it would strengthen the papier-mâché.

It is an interesting question whether the body in the tanker was a disposed-of murder victim or was someone who willingly, if ignorantly, crawled in there under his own power. And if the latter, was he sensible but clueless about confined spaces and fumes, stupid, wasted, insane, suicidal, or what? All the above perhaps?

They certainly can - maybe they bought one before they became homeless, and maybe they use a pay-as-you-go plan. Maybe a relative or a non-profit that helps the homeless pays the bills.

Knowledge of whether he was drunk/high and whether it was cold/raining would probably have some bearing on the probabilities.

I thought of shelter from the elements too.

Recent temps in IL have been reasonable, 70s and 80s. Not that an aluminum tank will be far off ambient when it’s cold, but it will get you out of the wind and rain.

Are the police also looking into what Nashville was doing in Illinois? Pretty suspicious coincidence that it wasn’t in Tennessee as usual at the time of the death.

Heh.

The one in Illinois was named by former residents of Tennessee.