Manhattan

Manhattan (or should I say Manhatten) is a sort of bizzare cross between Solomon, Collounsbury and George Burns. There are few things more dependably enjoyable than a Manhattan thread-closing zinger. Unfortunately, he’d get banned for some of his best lines if he’d fired them off in his new status as a member of the great unwashed. :frowning:

So what are we supposed to do for trenchant wit now?

No clever sayings, just a thanks for a job well done. Glad to here you’re still going to be around.

:slight_smile:

ANOTHER BLACKOUT FOR MANHATTAN? :frowning:

Hail and farewell, manny. Welcome back from the ivory tower. :smiley:

By any chance, do you handle any money for Sacramento County?

So long, farewell, auf Weidersehn, goodbye, vaya con Dios and all that rot! Best of luck to you! And please stay away from my $20 - I need it!

Thanks for a job well done, best luck in all future endeavours. If anyone ever deserved a gold watch…or a 1920’s style “Death Ray”…

Aw, nuts.

Thanks, manhattan, for all your excellent moderating!

Thank you, manhattan.

Job well done, best wishes.

Yeah! manny’s gonna be over at Staff Reports. No offense, Dex, but you’re just TOO nice to those critics who write in about our stuff. Maybe “mad dog” will teach 'em a thing or two.

GQ loses, but the board stays the same. I call this a win/win situation.

Y’know, not many Doper can say that they’ve baked Mannhattan a birthday cake.

(I think he’d have preferred pie…)

A glass of 30-year port to you, Manny.

Ban voyage! Who is taking over all of your legion of acolytes and sycophants? And do our dues automatically transfer?

I’m sorry to hear that he’s “retiring.” Manhattan was one of the fixtures of this board. You could always count on him to make sure that people stayed in line, and in the correct forum.

Gonna miss you, Manny. Don’t be a stranger, eh?

Everytime I’m away from the boards…it used to be new mods being added, which was a good thing, but now it seems it’s mostly old mods leaving (I was actually here when xash was modded). It’s a bit sad.

I do wish you lots of luck in everything you do, manhattan, and I look forward to seeing your name around here still.

No 30 year old port here, but the last of my glass of milk goes to you! :slight_smile:

Hmm, after three days, the number of views of this thread about manhattan stands on the verge of surpassing the viewings of this GQ sticky by manhattan. What does it all mean ?

GQ has always been my favorite forum, and I appreciated the way you ran it, manhattan. It won’t be the same without you.

All the best to you.

Good luck in all you do Manny. If our paths ever cross, the first round or five are on me. :smiley:

I will miss your wit.

And I’m rally gonna miss the $20 I had on you in the mod’s race for most pit threads

manny, it’s been a pleasure and an honour to have shared some time with you.

I hope that when you look back at these boards, especially GQ, in the future, you will realize that it is because of people like you that this place is so special.

I have always appreciated your support of the SDMB, and now knowing what it takes to keep this place sane, my hat’s off to you, manhat’sofftan

I shall attempt to emulate you, but going by the mod pit race standings, I’ll probably never come close.

You were bloody good. Thank you for everything.

manhattan, you’ve made the board a much better place.

nothing of importance to add. just thought i’d mention i’m the newest member to post here.