Manhattan

Who is manhattan?

:confused:

And if he handles so much money, why hasn’t he sent me any?

Bastid!

If I Pit him for not sending me anything($), does it still count in the Mod Pit race?

:wink:

I will be able to tell my grandchildren I saw The End of An Era.

Fare well, mr. modmanhattan, sir. I look forward to seeing your thoughts as a regular person, too.

Anyone here want to get a pool going on how long before Manny posts a response to a thread in GQ where he says, “Damn it! If I was still a mod, I’d lock this thread, Pit you, and put you on triple secret probation where if you posted anything more than a simple ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ comment, I’d ban your ass!”?

I’m thinking he’ll make it a month.

Good luck Manny.

Regarding the OP, is there a factual question here?

I think manny ought to move this thread to the proper forum or close the thread.

Hey Zotti, read the forum descriptions when looking for the proper forum.

Jeez, the guy thinks he runs the place.
What?
OW!

HEY!

STOP THAT!

Sad to see you go, Manny.

Can I still get a spanking, Master?

Thanks for the kind words, all. I’m not going anywhere, I’ve just been traded to the Staff Reports (embarrassingly, for “future consideration,” prolly some minor-league wash-up mod from an ezboard forum about Britney’s breasts).

In the spirit of GQ, let me clear up some facts.

I don’t manage “billions of dollars” but rather $600 MM. But yeah, it’s something of a time sink – I haven’t been as active since I got promoted 20 or so months ago. Speaking of which, how come no one ever asks any securities-related questions? Oh, and only a few thousand of it is actually mine, so no dollar-bill handouts.

I’ll still be going to the various fests whenever possible – in fact, not modding will free up some time to do that.

Bib is meaner than he looks and will play bad cop quite nicely. :wink:

I am not eligible for the California Gubernatorial race for the reason that I am sane.

Alphagene is better looking, but Ukulele Ike is a tiger in bed.

I own stolen music. Maybe some other stuff from threads I’ve closed; I ain’t sayin’. But on the board, rules is rules.

I can still swear (forum appropriately, of course), I just can’t close the thread afterwards.

I lovelovelove the death ray thread; my only disappointment is that the membership was unable to develop one to surpass the 20’s-style death rays. I’d have made an exception to the rules for a good one.

Spankings are still available after clearance with my fictitious girlfriend, Canby.

See ya around the boards, and look for a Staff Report about the Brooklyn Bridge, coming soon to a SD front page near you! Oh, and for a retirement party thread in MPSIMS – we’re thinking Sept. 4.

-manhattan
GQ ex-mod.

Anybody else thinks that manny’s retirement could be a Sign of the Apocalypse [sup]TM[/sup] :wink:

Anyway, thanks for babysitting us for all this time manny.

Thanks for a job well done Manhattan.

Prior to a ChickFest here in Michigan in 2001, I’d had no contact with manhattan whatsoever.

When I learned that he’d be in attendance, I was terrified. Because he’s all smart and stuff, and I’m not.

Then I met him. He’s really all smart and stuff, and I’m really not…but he’s got heart. One of the nicest people I’ve ever met in my life. He flew me to the NYC MegaFest in 2002. He arranged for me to meet Eve while I was there. And now…now I count him among my closest, most trusted friends. And when I say most trusted, I mean…if it pertains to me, manny knows it.
Thank you, **manny. ** Thank you for being my friend. Thank you for all of the help you’ve given me, but most importantly…thank you for not hating me.

Love,
Cristi

“There goes my hero/He’s ordinary…”

You’ll be missed, Manny. Let’s just hope this doesn’t encourage the idjits to come out of the woodwork.

It’s a crying shame how paying jobs take people away from the really important things in life, like moderating message boards. Although we’ll miss you as a mod, manhattan, I’m relieved that we won’t be losing you entirely.

And now it won’t look like sucking up if we say nice things to you.

This is unfair! You’re stepping down as a mod just as I’m moving out of NYC, so I’ll be deprived of two (2) sources of manhattan-y goodness at once.

You’d better keep posting or else! :wink:

Thanks manhattan.

… And leaving so soon after than island named after you went dark … Hmmm?

:smiley:

Best of luck manhattan and what it’s worth I think you generally did a fine job policing GQ.

• Tamerlane

Wow, it’s like watching a guy who’s pitched a shutout for 8 innings decide to hand it over to the bullpen for the 9th. Good game, manny.

Manny, you’re a complicated man, and no one understands you but your woman.

Thanks for the hard work.

Mannys no longer a mod. Oh no!!!
Made me feel rather special when he emailed me ,pretty much a newbe ,to tell me my thread was not really a GQ but it was kinda
interesting so he was going to think about moving it. Last time I looked it was still there.
FWIW I still got your email address.Its safe with me bud.
CYA good luck.

I opened this thread thinking, Ahh another NYC thread that needs my witty insights regarding the Big Apple.

Imagine my horror when I read the OP!!!

Manny, oh Manny, we hardly knew ye! You will be missed.

Hey manny - I hope they gave you your Moderator’s Coffee Cup before you left.

Here was the one I made for you some time ago.

http://65.69.77.33/files/SDMBModCup.jpg

:slight_smile: