Manhattan

Hey manny, looks like I won the bet. :wink:

Seriously, I wish you a happy and successful life, wherever it is that you finally wind up.

Can anyone lend me a hand assembling this bong? I downloaded a great set of instructions off of Kazaa!

(Good luck, manny )

-j

Seeya, manhattan. Make sure you teach xash all of your secrets.

Thank you, Manhattan!

I’ve always appreciated your hard work.

Manhattan, you will be missed.
May I respectfully request that from now on his title (that little bitty word under his name, whatever) reads:

Moderator Emeritus

Cheers

thanks for moderating Manhattan. I hope we’ll still see you around.

Dash it all, I shall miss him.

:: wipes away a manly tear ::

But seriously … the guy’s been doing a thankless job, very well, for a long time. Thank you, manhattan.

Lou has managed to avoid me every single time we’ve been in each other’s cities. My AlphaCrush continues unabated, but I’ve managed to soak up UkeIkeGoodness in person, which gives him an edge.
Mmmmm…UkeIkeGoodness…

Selfishly, I am sorry to see you step down- but I imagine it’s a relief to you, so congratulations! Thanks for all the time you put into this place. I liked your style.

Why don’t you just admit you’ve been seeing another board Manny? Explains the late for dinner thing and why you’ve been getting all dressed up just to “check your email”.

Just kidding. It’s really because he is in the lead in Mod pittings. He wants to go out while he is still on top like Michael Jordan. Just don’t try to play professional baseball and everything should be fine (it really is hard to hit a decent curveball). I guess this means the end of “Manhattan the city not the Mod” jokes. Pity.

Good luck. Cause now that you’ve left they are gonna have you wacked. **Zotti’**s post was just to lull you into a sense of comfort. You can’t be allowed to live knowing what you know about this place. You think you can just walk away from the life? Heh. “I want out.” he says. Your funeral.

DaLovin’ Dj

Selfishly, I am sorry to see you step down- but I imagine it’s a relief to you, so congratulations! Thanks for all the time you put into this place. I liked your style.

I <3 Manny. I SAID I <3 MANNY!

Manny leaving? I feel so old…

We’ll miss your style, Mann, my man. I thoroughly enjoyed reading the fruits of your wrath…particularly since I was never a target. And now it’s TOO LATE!!! You are powerless against me!!!

So what IS the third word that ends in -GRY, anyway? And why does my duck’s echo smell like cat food? Is it true that all your 1920’s style death ray are belong to us?

What?!? There are other moderators in GQ?

Um…I have to go…somewhere…

running footsteps–slamming cardoor–screeching tires

I used to hate manhattan’s guts. I even pitted him once. He probably wasn’t too fond of me, either. Eventually, though, I grew to love his brash, no-nonsense style of moderation.

We’ll miss your closings, bannings, and just plain socking it to the people who need it socked to them, manhattan. Still, it’s a stressful job, and I’m glad you’re going to get the rest you need. Good luck, buddy! :slight_smile:

Congratulations on your escape, Godspeed, and thanks for all your work making this a great place on the web.

I think I speak for everyone when I say:

[Keanu Reeves]“Whoa!”[/Keanu Reeves]

Bummer. Enjoy getting to finally make use of the “ignore” function though. :wink:

Good luck on the outside, manny. Sorry to see you go. Don’t be a stranger, ok?

Thanks for doing a great job, manny. Best wishes.

What a surprise. You know how things always haapen in threes? I hope we don’t have a third mod do the same as Euty and manny did. Wishing you well.

F_X

My favorite Manhattanism:

"As to the GQ thread, I barred you from replying because you are very stupid and could not possibly have a factual answer to the question at hand. " :smiley:

Best of luck to you.