Manuel Oliver (Parkland parent) takes a shot at Loius CK

Manuel Oliver did a short comedy special taking the piss out of Louis CK. The set is fairly short, and very much worth watching, but for those who can’t, here’s a transcript:

Hey, everybody, how’s it going tonight? Recently, I heard this great line from a comedian. He said, “If you want people to forget that you were jerking off, just make a joke about kids getting shot.” And I thought, “Jokes about kids getting shot? I can do that!”

You heard the one about the kid that walks into the school on Valentine’s Day? Skinny kid, wearing headphones, gets dropped by his dad. And he says, “I love you,” and gets out of the car and walks into the school. And then gets shot to death a couple of hours later. [Rimshot]

You guys ever heard dead baby jokes? I got a dead baby. His name was Joaquin Oliver. He was going to be eighteen. But now he’s dead. And that’s not a joke.

Yikes. That’s a clapback.

I don’t see Louie and his work as any more controversial than he was before all this, its just now he is just a lightning rod for people on both sides of the social justice battle to either rally around or tear down.

Louie has made offensive jokes his entire career. I don’t see why this is different.

I would suggest you go read the thread about why we’re not fans of him anymore. While some of us say that it’s not the jokes that matter, there are some who explain the difference.

The guy didn’t make jokes that punched down before. Sure, he made a joke about 9/11. But that joke wasn’t about how all the people who weren’t in the falling building were just whiners.

His joke was clearly designed for those who were upset that the survivors of the Parkland shooting decided to become political and fight against banning guns. He joined in with all the people who attacked those kids for wanting a safer school.

I disagree with the dad in one way, though. It wasn’t a distraction. The joke is targeted towards the type of people who wouldn’t care about what he did before. He’s chanting his audience to be the people who would defend him.

Now I’m wondering how many Andrea Doria survivors were hurt by that episode of “Seinfeld”.

And the father reeeally shouldn’t watch the most recent season of South Park.