March R.E.M. Madness (Round 5 - The Mighty 4)

Part 5 of this thread (rules are available there).

Nearing the end, and the results have been somewhat surprising - all the choices left are from Murmur, Fables of the Reconstruction and Lifes Rich Pageant. There was a tie between “Pilgrimage” and “Driver 8”, with “Pilgrimage” winning the coin toss (where were you, delphica? You could have been the tie-breaker!). So here are the final 4:

Radio Free Europe VS. Feeling Gravitys Pull
Pilgrimage VS. Fall On Me

This round will close on Tuesday, March 25 at 7:00p, PST.

Feeling Gravitys Pull
Fall On Me

Radio Free Europe
Pilgrimage

I note with suspicion that woodstockbirdybird’s favorites keep winning the “coin tosses.” :dubious: :smiley:

Feeling Gravitys Pull
Fall On Me

Radio Free Europe

Fall On Me

Feeling Gravitys Pull
Pilgrimage
The first pair is hard for me. I like Radio Free Europe a lot but it doesn’t have as much of an impact on me as it did when I first heard it five or so years ago, whereas I haven’t listened to Fables of the Reconstruction a whole lot and don’t remember Feeling Gravitys Pull too well but remember that I really like it. I’m going with FGP because it’s the one I’d rather listen to right now and it’s the underdog.

Feeling Gravitys Pull
Pilgrimage

Feeling Gravitys Pull
Fall On Me

Radio Free Europe
Fall On Me

Radio Free Europe
Fall on Me

I was visiting my mom for Easter! And on the trip back, I did wonder if I had missed the latest round of REM voting.

Feeling Gravitys Pull
Pilgrimage

I sort of agree with **Talon Karrde **-- I think Radio Free Europe is a more iconic song for REM, but I find that personally, I enjoy Feeling Gravitys Pull more when I hear it.

Radio Free Europe
Fall on Me

I swear I already posted to this thread. And yet, I haven’t. Huh.

Radio Free Europe
Fall on Me

I feel a little bad voting for the “obvious” choices, but there it is.

Radio Free Europe
Fall On Me

Radio Free Europe
Fall On Me

I love both of these songs, but I’m a bit bummed that neither of the two favorites from Document pulled through. “It’s The End Of The World As We Know It” and “The One I Love” are the songs that say “R.E.M.” to me the most.

Radio Free Europe
Fall On Me