Margarita time

(no links in the OP, if you’re preview-hovering this is really all there is)

Blender.
Sour mix.
Tequila.
Ice.

• whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr *

Comfy chair.
Cat.
DVD player.

What to watch?

You can watch me move this thread to Cafe Society!

Chick flick time!

Where’s the salt? Gotta have salt.

Then bring some salt.

And no chick flicks.

Must have a large pitcher of margaritas. Once you get into that comfy chair you don’t want to have to keep getting up to make more.

Mr Boston sez:

1/3 tequila
1/3 fresh lime juice
1/3 Cointreau/triple sec

I’d decrease the Cointreau and increase both tequila and lime, but otherwise I agree with him. And I would drink it iced but up.

add a splash of lemmoncello:cool:

Ok, Huerta88, there’s 3 pitchers and a large vase in the kitchen and the juices are in the fridge. You’ll find 2 liter of Patron in the freezer, make it happen. Everyone else grab a bean bag chair. Machete starts in 5 minutes.

No blending - rocks only.

1.5 oz. Hornitos
1 oz. Triple Sec
1 oz. Cointreau
1/2 oz. freshly squeezed lime juice

Shake with ice, serve. Yum.

Too bad it’s 5 degrees outside.

Triple Sec and Cointreau? are you mad? Loose one or the other and triple the lime. I kid of course, In this more than anything YMMV (measures rather than mileage)

I’m a shaker myself, My Margarita has to be a mucky cloudy olive colour rather than a retina-searing luminous green. If the top of my stainless-steel shaker hasn’t clamped shut with the cold, then it ain’t shaked enough.

Machete’s a good choice. I was gonna recommend one of Conan movies (the originals, not that new crap) but anything named after an edged weapon and starring an actor who’s a real-life badass is also good.

You lost me at “blender”

No, The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly is the appropriate movie for margaritas.

Now, who wants nachos?

Yeah… there’s always a woman to blame.

I don’t know where this tattoo came from!

What the hell does somebody from Boston know about margaritas? Worst recipe book ever written. Good tequila, fresh limes, Triple Sec. Proportions are up to the bartender. No blenders ever.

Herradura Silver tequila
Fresh-squeezed lime juice
Cointrea/Triple Sec

Percentages to taste (start with approximately equal).

Pour over ice. No salt, no blender.

“Herradura”? You a fucking moron.

Warning given for personal insults. You’ve been around long enough to know that that’s way over the line in CS.

twickster, Cafe Society moderator