Market for Vulva-scented "perfume"?

I read an article about this, and the phrase "smells like the dumpster behind Red Lobster’ was used. Whether that was an actual description of the product or simply a joke I cannot recall.

Like all other great product ideas, this one still suffers from the possible fate of falling through the cracks so to speak.

For the record, I’ve no problem making jokes about specific women that do have infections and do smell like fish- why, every time I round the seafood counter at the grocery I stifle the urge to call out the name of someone I used to know. It’s the generalizations that I can’t stand. Mine doesn’t smell like that and if you want a cite, come and get it.

I like the fact that the picture used there makes the condoms look BIGGGG.

It can smell fishy even if it’s not infected. Especially around menstruation time. I’m starting to think you have me on your ignore list because I’m still waiting for you to tell me why fish is automatically assumed to be an awful smell.

Yeah, it annoys me, too. Or like, when we had some tampon thread a while ago and someone was all, “Ewww tampons smell in the garbage, because some girl I know had her period and her tampon stank up the entire house.”

It makes me think–WTF? How have we as a society managed to live with vaginal secretions up until now without keeling over? And I do think that in general women tend to feel ashamed about our vaginal odors because of stuff like this. Even when they are normal and healthy.

For a body part to smell like, yeah. I mean, food can smell good in general but no one wants to smell LIKE food. I like the smell of burgers and steak and lots of stuff, but the idea of smelling like that all day is pretty gross.

I’ve never smelled a healthy vagina that smelled like fish, nor have I ever heard of one. That would be a new one on me. And I would think it automatically an insult to have mine described as having a fishy smell if it wasn’t infected… wouldn’t you?

Thank You!

Thank you for pointing this out. As a Jew, I really do want all of your money and am not joking about that at all. I am tired of all the laughing. :frowning:

Sure I’d be offended, but mainly because I don’t have a vagina. :stuck_out_tongue:

This thread really ought to be merged with thisone.

Portnoy’s Complaint?

Hair Pie Chart?

I haven’t the foggiest, as I don’t remember the copy in the ad; I was laughing too hard at both the idea and the product design to bother reading. I did have some vague notion that it might be something gay men would wear to attract other gay men. Keep in mind though this was my pre-adolescent early 80s mind at work here, and apart from the obvious, Playboy would be a terrible place to pitch products to gay men.

My thoughts exactly.

I think it would be a Cream Pie Chart.

If a gay man is attracted to the smell of a female genital, I think he might want to take reevaluate his sexuality.

Specifically, I’ve taken a look at “pheremone-infused” products, and they always tell gay men not to get the female version, as gay men are attracted to male pheremones, not female ones.

I also found out that a soap brand I really liked started releasing a pheremone-infused version. When I looked up the actual chemical, while it actually has studies saying it makes people feel calm, it’s also a normal element in typical sweat.

So, “When I’m nervous I stick my hands under my arm and I smell them” DOES make sense.

Actually, I was talking about the early 80s perfume/cologne called “Sweaty Balls,” thus the pre-pubescent notion that it might be aimed at gay men, despite the ad appearing in Playboy.

In Soviet Russia the fishes smell like vaginas