MASH Trivia

I was about to ask you for a hint, and ask if it was Margaret accusing a bunch of people.

Then it dawned on me – Charles’ orchestra.

“I’m a coward. We’re the worst.”

LS1: “Lousy Commies! Two have disappeared here already!”

LS2a: Who outclassed Charles?

LS2b: According to Hawkeye, what were they fighting?

LS3: What means “everything you can eat for a dollar and a quarter”?

LS4a: How did Frank get his purple heart?

LS4b: What happened to it?

LS5: BJ was awarded the Bronze Star. What did he say it was for?

LS6: Frank had to be hospitalized twice. Why?

LS7a: Why was Hawkeye put on house arrest?

LS7b: What did Trapper give him to eat?

LS1: “Lousy Commies! Two have disappeared here already!”

Backup generator

LS2a: Who outclassed Charles?

I don’t remember his name, but there were 3 foreigners (as opposed to Koreans?) who visited the unit. Margaret felll in love with one, and another was a yoga practitioner.

LS2b: According to Hawkeye, what were they fighting?

The Boor War

LS4a: How did Frank get his purple heart?

Shell fragment.

LS4b: What happened to it?

It was given to a newborn.

LS5: BJ was awarded the Bronze Star. What did he say it was for?

Getting your ass out in one piece.

LS6: Frank had to be hospitalized twice. Why?

Once was for the plague. I don’t know about the other time.

LS7a: Why was Hawkeye put on house arrest?

For punching Frank.

LS7b: What did Trapper give him to eat?

Water buffalo. It was only ridden to church on Sundays by a little old lady.

[ul]
[li]W1) What actor who played a policeman in another series had a cameo as an MP?[/li][li]W2) What religion is Donald Penobscott?[/li][li]W3) What did the Turkish soldier yell when he brought down the meat cleaver, and what does it mean?[/li][li]W4) What popular 1970’s singer sang the “Oh, Tokyo” song?[/li][li]W5) When Col. Potter returned from his trip and asked Radar how his mare Sophie was, what did Radar answer?[/li][li]W6) What was the nickname of Sgt Urbancik, the pro bowler?[/li][li]W7) What does MARS stand for?[/li][/ul]

LS6) The other time was for a strangulated hernia.

W3) What did the Turkish soldier yell when he brought down the meat cleaver, and what does it mean?

Chin lee (spelling?) means Chinese.

W4) What popular 1970’s singer sang the “Oh, Tokyo” song?

Louden Wainright III

W5) When Col. Potter returned from his trip and asked Radar how his mare Sophie was, what did Radar answer?

“Clean as a whistle, inside and out.”

Huh. How did he get that?

IYRC, in that episode, he said he had a chronic hernia; while in the O.R., he tried to move a table and it became strangulated. There were no tables open, so Hawkeye and Trapper laid him out with his feet above his head (Trendelenburg position, FYI) so the hernia would slip back into place until they could operate.

Didn’t he also get one for stapling his elbow to a report?

All correct; however (nitpick) it’s spelled Wainwright .

Main generator, actually. I would have also accepted “Do I hear ‘three’?”

D’oh! You’re right. That was the episode with the really sexy smelling duffel bag.

From maybe two episodes before that, what did Radar think R&R meant?

And, for that matter, Loudon.

Here’s one I don’t know the answer to but would like to-

When Charles had Klinger bring back sheet music for the pianist who had lost full use of his left hand, who was the (one-armed) composer who wrote it?

I do know the answer to this one: What was Frank’s impromptu ditty during the “Gee Maw I Wanna Go Home” number?

I seem to remember it being Liszt, but my Google-Fu is not backing me up …

Paul Wittgenstein (1887-1961) was the one armed pianist cited in the episode, but the concerto for the left hand was composed by (two-armed) Maurice Ravel.

For the matter, Frank was also hospitalized a third time with the flu. Although all the doctors except Hawkeye were bed-ridden in that episode.

Oh Hawkeye and BJ, they think they’re pretty smart
I’d like to take a scalpal, and stab 'em in the heart
Gee, this is fun!
Oh I don’t want no mo…

That was Frank’s second purple heart. I don’t know how he got the first one, but that was given to Ronnie Howard (after Andy Griffith, but before Happy Days).