MASH Trivia

Margaret needed a new foot locker. Why, and how did she eventually get a replacement?

What were all the MASH personnel going to do when they got home?

Here’s one:

Robert Altman directed the movie MAS*H, but didn’t get a cent in royalties from the TV show. However, his son, Michael did. Why?

I only remember Rizzo: he was going to open a frog farm and sell their legs to French restaurants.

One of the nurses said she was going to work in a maternity ward (I can’t remember which) so that she could see life beginning instead of ending, and Charles gave a buzzkill speech about how he could no longer listen to classical music. And of course Klinger stayed in Korea to look for his in-laws.

Margaret was accosted by a mad rapist or something. He shot at her, and her trusty foot locker threw itself in the path of the bullet.

Igor was going to become a pig farmer.

Kelly was going to continue nursing in Honolulu.

Francis was going to work with the deaf.

Hawkeye was going to set up a practice in Crabapple Cove.

Charles was going to be chief of thoracic surgery at Boston Mercy. (A ficticious hospital, by the way.) He was not going to listen to much music anymore.

I can’t remember the rest.

Tmt: What are the verses to the “Gee ma, I wanna go home” song for Klinger, Hotlips, Radar, and the visiting nurses? We already heard from the Swamp rats.

Because he wrote Suicide is Painless for the movie and it was used as the theme song for the series.

Three more questions:

1- What sit-com that was also based on a movie led into MASH when it premiered? (Here’s a hint: the movie premiered quite a few years before MASH but the star of the movie reprised his role in the very short lived series.)

2- For really trivial trivia, what star of the series in Number 1 later had appeared on the final episode of MASH?

3- What international superstar did Charles have a photo of himself with in his wallet?

Klinger: Some guys like the army, I think that it’s a mess
If it’s so damn terrific, how come I wear a dress?

Hotlips: Some nurses in the army, they haven’t tied the know
But this one’s gonna do it, with Donald Penobscot.
(This was during her Donald-Donald-Donald phase)

Radar: Corporals in the army, they say we’re mighty green
But if it weren’t for us guys, you’d be in the latrine.

Nurses: Doctors(?) in the army, they think that they’re profound
But we’ll take chopper pilots, they get you off the ground.

K1: What were Mulcahy’s and Potter’s verses?

Hazel eyes and auburn hair.

“This is me.”

T6: Klinger on a hang glider (A big red bird with fuzzy pink feet.)

T8a: Rosieland (at Rosie’s Bar)

T8b: Canada

T8c: That Hawkeye had to be Laverne

K2: What was Tuttle’s religion?

K3: How many Kim Lucks were treated when Hawkeye was OD?

K4: What comes next: “I’m confining you to quarters.”

Egg shell fragment , if I remember correctly
Declan

Druid, reformed (they only pray to bushes)

Audrey Hepburn.

What did he have to say about her?

Friedman helped a soldier who stopped eating. Why did he stop eating, and how did Friedman help him?

1. What book did Charles read to Klinger?
  2. What book did everyone read and why were they upset about it?
  3. Who stole a watch to bet it at poker and what was the winning hand?
  4. On Boxing Day, who switched jobs with whom?
  5. What song did Margaret sing with the visiting USO troupe?
  6. What article of clothing did Radar sell and what was the company slogan?

I, the Jury by Mickey Spillane

The Rooster Crows at Midnight and the last page was ripped out, so they didn’t know Whodunit. They called the author and she told them who did it, but it turns out the character she had named had died earlier in the book and couldn’t have committed the murder. (I may have got that last sentence wrong.)

I remember in one episode she sang “My Blue Heaven” but I thought other memers of the unit were playing.

I believe “Molly Malone” is what she sang with the USO.

That was an all-MASH band, with Henry as the band leader and Radar playing the drums (badly, I might add).

I think the right answer is Alive Alive O, which she sang as part of a duet.

“I’m confining you to quarters, too. Give me all your dimes and nickels.”

Audrey hepburn had wonderful old-world manners, and the appetite of a bird.

The soldier who had stopped eating had stopped because he’d left the foxhole (?) to go get something to eat and when he came back, all his buddies had been killed by a shell or a bomb. Freedman (two e’s, as in freedom) helped his through hypnosis, I think.

ivylass got them both right, and Lute and tdn got the song right. So of my questions, we still have:

For the Boxing Day switch, all I can remember definitely was Klinger and Potter. I know Winchester ended up on KP duty, and Mulcahey was doing wash, but I don’t know who they switched with.

The company slogan was “Best Care Anywhere.”

1. Who stole a watch to bet it at poker and what was the winning hand?

Trapper stole Hawkeye’s watch. I don’t know what the winning hand was (AAAA?), but he won a pot big enough to keep Hawkeye from getting court marshalled for theft.

1. What article of clothing did Radar sell and what was the company slogan?

He sold shoes. Don’t know the slogan, but he told Hawkeye that he couldn’t afford not to give his feet the the support and comfort that the shoes provided.

6b: What did Klinger sell? Why? And why did he stop?