Mass Effect Legendary - my thoughts while I play these games (spoilers as I play)

Are they really doing a Mass Effect 4?

I played in May and am still not ready to do it again. It’s great and I played every single DLC and the main games…but it is just too much to go back through right now.

I found 3’s payoffs to be so emotionally satisfying. I can’t reset everything back to the way it was in ME1. It’s too much to go back now. I need a couple years.

They released a teaser trailer last December but I’m hearing it will be years before it comes out. The teaser trailer makes it seem like it will be based off of the destroy ending but they are so far off from an actual product who knows?

Hey I guess just today, they teased the continuation of Mass Effect.

I can’t imagine a sequel after the ending(s) of the original trilogy.

The teaser trailer I mentioned is also linked in that article. I’m hearing a 2025 release.

I know I had Liara the first time I played. I was trying for something different

Well…these were interludes. They were not ever meant to be integral to the story.

I am fine with interludes. They can help pace the story and give a little respite from the main story.

Was Allers a good interlude? Eh…not great but I can live with it.

My main point being is not every moment in the game has to be an intense moment that directly links into the main plot. There is room for downtime and sometimes it can be great (e.g. Mordin singing Gilbert and Sullivan).

I thought the romance choices for female Shepard in Mass Effect 2 were pretty weak. For Thane, you have to listen to him talk about his dead wife a zillion times but for Garrus he simply offers to have a quickie if you talk to him before the suicide mission. I forget what Jacob has to say (which says something about how memorable it was).

Jacob barely needs to say anything because Femshep basically throws herself at him.

Yeah, pickings for Femshep are pretty slim in ME2. I usually just flirt with Kelly Chambers while waiting for my girl Liara to come back in ME3 (or Lair of the Shadow Broker). Flirt with her long enough, and Kelly will also volunteer to feed the fish.

I never even talk to Jacob except to get his loyalty mission, so I never get a hint of romance between him and my Femshep. I like him better in ME3, but he’s the worst major character in the entire trilogy IMO.

This surprises me, especially if you’re playing paragon. I feel that as long as you show even a modicum of interest in a person’s life, they trigger the romance. I end up getting caught with too many romances simply because I give a shit.

I was working Kelly pretty hard until I managed to get her killed off. Apparently your scene with her doesn’t happen until the end of 2 if she doesn’t die.

Feeding the fish? That happens about halfway through the game, if you’ve been consistently talking to Kelly. There is an additional scene with Kelly that can happen after the Suicide Mission, where you summon her to your cabin. That only occurs if Kelly has volunteered to feed your fish and you’re not in a romance with anyone else (Liara doesn’t count).

She fed my fish. She refused to come to my cabin after the Suicide Mission because she was dead.

OK. It wasn’t clear whether you thought “feeding the fish” was a euphemism.

They might make a TV show out of Mass Effect. It could be amazing. It could also be total trash. I can’t picture the story of the game being told again in any better version than we got in the game itself.

I can’t work up energy to replay, but I still think about all the characters even months after playing it. It’s one of the best stories I’ve been a part of in gaming.

Link to a story about the potential show.

The show better be FemShep. If it’s BroShep, GTFO.

I could see making a 10 episode series out of the first game. I’m curious what make-up they’d use for turians and krogan in a live-action series, though.

Either way there will be plenty of aliens to be schtupped.

Plot twist: TV series to focus three Elcor trying to navigate fast-paced life on the Citadel. Dramatic tension abounds when relations between the three main characters develop into a love triangle. Well, dramatic tension abounds if you can read Elcor body language, anyways. For added realism in scenes with each other they don’t do the verbal emote thing.