May We Have Some Updates, Please?

Oh Shirley Shirley Shirley Shirley Shirley Shirley Shirley Shirley Shirley! I’d hoped everyone had forgotton about that miserable, infuriating chapter of my existance. Don’t know that I’ve ever been quite that pissed… and for a full year, mind you.

He’s still there but has become in large part a hermit. This would be because pretty much everyone in the neighborhood shunned him since: A) Many have kids and identified with our extreme anger that he would behave in such a manner. B) They knew us and liked us but he’d always been considered akin to a walking bunghole, and C) He never liked people in the first place. His wife, whom he followed to our neighborhood after she moved out, served him with divorce papers the day he moved in. His daughter won’t visit. He’s mad at the world but lives next door to lucky us.

So, in short, we rarely see him and ignore him when we do. This doesn’t prevent me, however, from watching his place like a hawk when my daughter’s out. It’s a Dad thing.

Good, good.

Spudette, sorry, Erin is growing fine, eating like a horse, is very talkative and smiley. She’s also as strong as a bloody ox, a trait she’s inherited from her mother (former powerlifting monster that she is).

Erin was able to lift her head at birth and now, at two months old, she can roll over and ‘crawl’. I say ‘crawl’ like that because it isn’t really crawling as such. She doesn’t use her arms at all but, when plonked on her belly, she’ll kick her legs around like some mad thing and manage to shift herself a couple of feet.

Two piccies for you:

Smiley girl

It’s a FUCKING BEAR!!!

Hi ShaynaBabe. I had a bunch of revelations on Friday of last week. First, Heidi has seen the email. Second, Bob didn’t get the reply I sent (the one I included in my post)! They had been arguing about the email since he received it! I thought that was great, because I sure wished I had responded differently afterwards.

I wrote Bob a quick summary paragraph that described my openness to the idea of being annoying and pointed out his viciousness.

He wrote back, advising that I re-read the email without letting my emotions affect me. He said that I asked him what was wrong, so he told me.

I can’t be friends with him. Period.

Heidi and I went out for a “Girl Night” on Friday. She agreed that his email was vicious. She worried that he’s going to get worse and worse with his hermit-like behaviors, that he’s going to push everyone away, etc.

I asked her if she worried that he’d retreat to the point of having nowhere to go… suicide? She said she highly doubted that he’d do that…

We’re trying to maintain our friendship. I don’t know how well it’s going to go. If he’s as vehemently anti-Gazelle as he seems and she loves him… It’s just a matter of time 'til she won’t be able to be around me.

It sucks.

Whoops. Risk went well. I didn’t win either of the two games we played, but our neighbors brought the subject of Bob up and agreed that he’s a jerk.

We drank beer 'til the wee hours of the morning, I showed them my artfully shaved pubic region, talked at length about the female orgasm, sang the “Crusty Vagina” song, and passed out.

That was a joke. :rolleyes:

Damn, that’s too bad, 'cuz I was gonna beg for an invite to the next gathering! (My husband, the hasher, knows some songs that’d make your crusty vagina hair go straight!) :smiley:

It’s nice to hear that “Heidi” is at least trying to remain neutral for now. I do hope it works out.

Kal, that baby of yours is absolutely adorable! What a precious and sweet smile. Congratulations!!

Hi Twisty!!

Update: I’m losing my job.

Has anyone heard from Wink? (Or is it Winkie, or Winky? I can’t remember now.)
Her husband was, I believe, to have a kidney transplant last fall, and I haven’t seen much of her since then. Anyone know anything?

And our beloved Kricket? An update, luv?

as always i would love to hear of our fav. evil emma kate. i’ll be she has mum and dad running about in circles.

Kal She is adorable. Clearly she takes after her mother. :smiley: Where’d she get all that hair from?
**Ogre ** I am sorry about your job.

Thanks, Shirley. My apologies for the thread invasion. I’ve been attacked by a case of self-pity.

I’ll have you know, o bothersome minx, that I am adorable too.

In a scary biker / serial killer / mountain man / chainsaw wielding madman kinda way.

Evilemmy is living up to her name! She is vivacious and running around everywhere!

She is almost 2 1/2, weighs 23 pounds and stands 34 inches tall.

She’s still in the low ranges of where other kids her age are but even her pediatrician is shocked by how well she is doing. He is astounded every time he sees her that she doesn’t look like she was ever a preemie.

She doesn’t have the “preemie head” that most kids born that early end up with. Her scars are growing with her but fading. She had a speech evaluation a few weeks ago and they say that not only is she right where she should be, she is actually advanced in the “comprehension” area. We are preparing to have a physical therapy evaluation performed as she may have a slight issue with her arms which could affect her walking. (She’s a little sway-backed–preemies often have this problem resulting from laying flat with their arms on either side of their heads for so long in warming beds or isolettes instead of being allowed to crawl, scoot on the floor, etc.)

She is spiled absolutely rotten by both sets of grandparents–and everyone else (Auntie Cheri!)

Now that I’m a paying member, I guess I’ll have to post more often–get my money’s worth!

Thanks for still wondering and being concerned about Miss Emmy. You guys are great!

2 1/2 Wow time does fly. Great to hear she’s fit and healthy

And from the pic, it’s impossible to disagree with him!

Hard to imagine this is the kid who weighed 14 ounces at birth.

Emmy, you’ve come a long way, baby. :slight_smile:

thanks evilbeth! emmy sounds like she is going full force. i’m seeing ballet or iceskating in her future. make pretty hands…

**bodypoet, ** very sweet of you to ask! I read hit and miss but don’t post much, and was reading this thread hoping for an update on evilemma …

WinkieHubby had a kidney transplant last August, after a late Saturday night phone call from the transplant center. A wonderful friend of ours was preparing to donate hers, but she didn’t get a chance to :slight_smile: He is doing fabulously, taking a handful of pills everyday - but that sure beats dialysis! And we are forever indebted to the family that made the decision to give someone else a new life in what had to be their darkest hour.

I’ve been trying to follow your adventures, and I’m so glad you’ve found some happiness! How’s the job dilemma?

Excellent. All the qualities you will need to keep the riff raff away from your daughter when she is dating age.

I want to hear how people’s vacations went. They ask advice but we never seem to hear how it went. Or maybe I just miss it.

I mentioned this a couple times, maybe someone remembers.

It’s been about 2 1/2 years and someone is still leaving pennies outside my door every few days. I’ve analyzed them and found no particular place they are put, the pennies have no particular orientation almost as if someone just drops them there and they can be either new or old. I almost caught the person once. I came home from shopping and saw that there was no penny. I popped something in the microwave and stepped back out to check the mail. Elapsed turnaround time 1 minute. And there was a penny there. I live in a secured building and have no idea who’s doing this. My very own personal mystery.

inkleberry did you ever choose a new surname?

I gotta check out MPSIMS more often:).

Shayna, no, I didn’t have any problem, thank you:). I called my doctor early Monday morning and the prescription was ready for pickup at 4:30. It was a serious relief, especially since I’ve actually been able to sleep for the past two weeks!

Ava