Maybe there's something in the water?

Or, maybe the change in seasons is doing something, but I’ve just noticed this marked increase in antsiness over the past few weeks. People are taking things a lot more seriously, there’s been a bunch of bannings. Maybe this shouldn’t be in the pit, but it’s a plea to everyone to just chill out. Let me point out…this is a message board…it’s not life. I understand that tempers can get heated, I understand that people meet on here and have relationships, and I understand that there are people who bring out of board stuff on here, but come on. This is just a friendly suggestion, but could everybody just calm down, take a deep breath, and please don’t take things so personally?

To clear up at least part of your confusion…at least some of the bannings are old trolls and socks, coming back with new names. So while there have been SOME bannings of old-timers, you’ll also see some “newbies” banned who aren’t, actually, newbies at all.

It’s also spring break for some schools. So that means we have a bunch of teenagers and young adults at loose ends, which means that SOME of them are going to come onto this message board and try to cause trouble. But I hope that some of them will see what a great place this is, and will stay and try to keep it great.

Lynn
Administrator
For the Straight Dope

It’s also spring break for some schools. So that means we have a bunch of teenagers and young adults at loose ends, which means that SOME of them are going to come onto this message board and try to cause trouble

I can see it now…

“Okay, we’re drunk, we’re crazy, and we need something to do…”
“Hey! Let’s go mess up a internet message board!”
crowd roars “Yeah! Everyone, to the lab!” :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, and that always happens…but it just seems like SOMETHING’S causing the sock drawers to be opened and the tacklebox to be brought out.