McCain on Letterman

Bah, I’m ticked that I forgot about this. Anyone have a link to an unedited clip?

I haven’t seen the edited clip, but I wonder if they cut it down in McCain’s favor. I’m surprised anyone thinks he came off okay. (And I’m pretty apolitical, which is why this isn’t in GD.)

The one time I thought Dave went overboard was when he felt the need to ask his “what if Palin was president on another 9/11?” question a second time. McCain had a fairly decent answer the first time around, and although I agree with Letterman that Palin is no Clinton or Reagan, did he actually expect to get McCain to break down and say his VP choice was a mistake?

4 years ago I was in the audience of the Late Show when McCain was a guest, and enjoyed their breezy rapport. Last night was like watching a bad breakup.

I taped the show, but it’s still sitting on my DVR. But I Googled it, and the USA Today website claims to have a transcript here (note that it’s a PDF).

I’m a pretty big fan of Jon Stewart, but his show is most hard-hitting in the parody and commentary segments at the beginning. I actually find him rather too accommodating as an interviewer, and there have been quite a few times when i’ve wished he would be tougher with his guests.

Just watched it on tivo… agreed that was painfully awkward and made me kind of… angry.

Did anyone notice the large Shepard Fairey graphic of Obama plastered all over the back of the musical guest’s suit coat, though? I thought it was just some ska/two-tone band logo until he spun a couple times. Totally made up for everything, about killed me! Too rich!

I was gonna say…What’s unstable about forty years of dictatorship?