McCain: The Last Ten Days- Are they bluffing or planning?

Indeed. Does McCain really want to invite people to talk about the way he dumped his crippled wife for his rich-cunt-wife?

If McCain had absolutely anything at all that he thought would help him win it would be all over the news NOW, not twelve days from now.

We just got a call from someone wanting McCain to win. It’s so that we can attend a conference call tomorrow so we can learn about how Obama and the current ‘ultra-liberal’ supreme court will be expanded if Obama wins.

My managing editor took the call. They also want to inform us about the truth about William Ayers.

Should be fun.

if they didn’t find anything to stick during the dem. primary, there isn’t anything to find. it would have been used by now.

Just you wait! Any day now, that “Whitey” video is going to be made public!!!
…wrong stupid story?

Exactly. Clinton was throwing everything she could at him, and it didn’t work. He has no unearthed laundry remaining.

Wow, that was just rude. She really that bad you shouldn’t elect her to the Senate or the Presidency. Oh wait she isn’t even running…

Especially now that early voting is locking people in. If the thing they had was that damaging, wouldn’t you think they’d want people who are voting now to know about it?

Maybe the assumption is that indies will waver based on it but not loyal dems or committed voters (more likely to vote early). But if that is the case why not deploy it at the first sign of a momentum shift?

I think the only real reason why you would wait on something would be if it is insubstatial but damaging at first blush, and obscure enough that it would take ten or so days to be sure about it, at which point it would be too late to undo the damage.

I disagree.
IF he actually has something, from a purely tactical point of view, the thing to do is release it as close to the election as possible…allow enough time for it to make all the headlines, and be all over television, but not allow enough time for it to be debunked before people go to the polls. I’m thinking the timing would be…say no sooner than late Wednesday afternoon before the election the following Tuesday, but no later than that Friday morning.

I assume it was a reference to the word McCain called his wife.

Hey, I’m not the one who thinks she’s a cunt. The distinguished Senator from Arizona called her a cunt and a trollop (in the same sentence), I’m just taking his word for it. I mean, he would know, right? And being the honorable, Mavericky guy he is, he probably wouldn’t have a problem with somebody believing him.

And of course she’s not running. McCain is running. McCain who secured a wedding license to marry Cindy before his first divorce was even final. It’s foolish to start casting around rumors of an affair when his affair is literally a matter of public record.

That depends. If you have something really solid, a genuine scandal for which strong evidence exists, then you want to bring it up as early as possible. Well, maybe not a year before the election, because then it will become ‘old news’ again, but certainly at least a month or two before the election.

In such a case, you want to give the story time to unfold, give it time for the press to confirm the evidence and for the ugly details to come out. You want to give the undecided voters the time they need to let the news sink in before the election. Sit back and watch your opponent first deny the story, then admit that there may be a grain of truth to it, then finally admit that it’s all true.

On the other hand, if all you have is a little tidbit of gossip, something that will make a big splash when you release it but will quickly be debunked on further investigation, THEN you want to release it just a few days before the election. That way, you will hopefully change the minds of a lot of fence-sitters, and by the time it turns out that there wasn’t a lot of fire behind the smoke, the election has taken place and with a bit of luck those fence-sitters have given you the votes you needed to win.

(On preview: half a dozen posters have made the same point by now, only much more succinctly. Oh well…)

I remember hearing something about this, being written in a book based on anonymous sources. Not exactly something I would repeat as gospel unless something more concrete is out there anyway. As for the affair and whatnot, even being more of a rightie back in the Clinton era I gave a rats ass who smoked his sausage. And if McCain thinks an affair will sink Obama it will fail.

On topic I think if he has something it will be a lie or messing with the truth enough to make it a lie. If McCain cannot win on his own without “surprises” I don’t think anything he tries to stick onto Obama will work either.

Funny, McCain used to like ACORN. He was the keynote speaker at one of their rallies.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/10/14/12927/809/645/629897

Well, that’s when the package tracking site says that their next shipment from ACME is arriving…

Anything he pulls out at the last second is going to look desperate. Plus voters are mailing in ballots by the bushelful right now. I doubt there is anything.

Maybe he’s cut a deal with Bin Laden to do a little sumpin’-sumpin’ on Oct. 31…

kidding, kidding, lest the righties be all over me for this.

1. I’m sure he has something planned, but the biggest part of this is to keep the volunteers from getting discouraged and packing up. If McCain is to have any chance, his campaign staffers need to keep on pounding the pavement.

2. My Dad has used this “we’ve got 'em right where we want 'em” in every sporting event since I remember when our team fell behind. I serves as point #1 does to keep the troops happy, and it also implies that the other side may think that the “game” is over and let off of the gas a little bit. Surely a lot of Obama supporters here think so, and there may be some validity to it in 1 out of 100 cases.

3. What do I think he is planning? It is just a WAG, but I think McCain will come out with a bold new plan for the economy. More details about his home mortgage bailout plan which will apply to EVERYONE who owns a home, risky mortgage or not. It will be hideous expensive, but he has to do it For the Country’s Sake.

I think he will commit to a timed withdraw from Iraq. He will say how he personally disagrees with the “cut and run” idea, but he sees that our troops have acted honorably, and after talking with the Country, we need to Come Together and Heal, both at home and abroad.

We will set a timetable, and he will have a concrete plan to capture Bin Laden, although he certainly Can’t Divulge what it is. By the end of his first term he will declare the War on Terror to be over. He will be the only man who can do it.

He will attack Bush. He will say he has held back out of Respect For the Office, but after speaking with The People he can no longer do so. He must speak out about the devastating results of the last eight years.

He still believes that his tax plan is right, but FTSOTC the rich will have to wait for their tax break. He will be statesmanly and sign on to Obama’s tax plan, but have the Courage to cut spending as well.

Fiscal discipline, government bailouts, end to Iraq war, capture Bin Laden. By the end of his first term, he will pledge a balanced budget, lower taxes for all, and end to the credit crunch, Bin Laden dead, Guantanemo closed, the War on Terror history, the government out of the banking business after this “temporary” bailout, homeowners back on their feet, everyone holding hands and following the statesman, the maverick, President McCain…

Obama? He’s a good man, fine man, sorry about the Ayers thing. It was his campaign staff who BTW are all fired. That’s the problem with politics and he will fix it. Obama is a fine man, but too young and inexperienced for these perilious times. In four years, he may even be the man for the job! But not right now.

Some or all of this would be a step in the right direction, IMHO…

There ain’t much to the Vera Baker thing at this point. It is strikingly similar to the alleged Whitey tape- lots of people who know damaging stuff, and have seen it, and know that it is just around the corner from being picked up by the “MSM”, but can’t tell you what it is just yet, and don’t have any tape of it, and I hope you don’t mind if we form into a circle for a few minutes, and…

I’ll – and I hope you will too – keep that in mind as McCain continues to air the attack ad insinuating something nefarious about Michelle Obama’s coming to work at the 500-attorney Chicago law firm of Sidley Austin 3 years after Bernadette Dohrn. Never says what that nefarious something is, just uses a cocking-of-the-eyebrows tone and sails a lot of indirectas into the air.

What’s Michelle running for again?