McDonald's advertising

Anybody else sick and fucking tired of all McDonald’s commercials? Whoever thought of that stupid fucking radio ad for “Salad Shakers” should be shot.

wields AK

I’m waiting for the hideous Christmas commercials.Chia pets,Sears,Clapper,Salad Shooter…

“Did somebody say…McDonald’s?”

Noooooo. I said McDonald’s bites the big hairy one.

I think that slogan is just about as pretensious-yet stupid as Compaq’s old “Is it Compaq?” ad campaign.

You say “cheesy” like that’s a BAD thing.

Did somebody say…annoying?

Micky-D’s ads, though, pale in comparison to the Chilies “Babyback Ribs” song. Grrrrr! I hate those ads with a passion. Of course, nothing can touch the Mentos ads for sheer annoyability. I’ve never seen such a disturbingly happy group of people in my life.

In Chicago McDonald’s is using some guy who is supossed to have a “chicago” accent. It’s like listening to fingernails on a chalkboard.

Here’s a sample:
Dat’s da problem wit us chicago drivers, we’re always on da road.

Translation:
That’s the problem with us chicago drivers,
we’re always on the road.

If I ever meet this guy I’m gonna hit him in da head!

“Did somebody say…McDonald’s?”

“No, I said hand me my fucking ammo!”

I hate, no let me re-type that, I HATE McOVER SATURATE THE FUCKING AIRWAVES WITH YOUR STUPID MC SHIT!

Radio ads. TV ads. Billboards. Junk mail. GO AWAY! I wouldn’t eat there if I were STARVING! I wouldn’t eat there if you PAID me! Loaded gun to my head I’d rather die!

Sealemon writes:

Ewww…I still have the T-shirt Compaq gave us for that. I use it to wax my car.

-David

Being one of reasonable intellect, hopefully average in alertness and not one to follow the common herd, I dislike almost all commercials. McGreedy is at the top of the list, closely matched by virtually every car commercial (ever noticed how there are absolutely NO station breaks without at least one car commercial in them)? I’m tired of the disclaimer ‘blips’ where they either post the message in such tiny letters that your television resolution is too fuzzy to read them or talk so fast that to cannot understand what they say. (A documentary on exercise infomercial once HAD TO TAPE THE DISCLAIMER AND SLOW IT DOWN BY NEARLY 50% TO DISCLOSE THAT THE DEVICE WAS ESSENTIALLY CRAP) I find the food at McD’s bland, though the fries are good and the stuff from the direct competitor, Burger King very, very messy and often not very tasty. (I go to a small burger place not affiliated with any of the major chains where I get shakes with extra chocolate added for free, burgers I can taste and pretty good fries.) I HATE stock commercials, want to knock the teeth out of the smiling, oh so sweet bank broad assuring me just how friendly my corrupt and greedy mega-bank is, have this desire to kick some of the ‘converter’ toy action figure designers right in the ass so hard that they’ll have a crack running sideways, and am getting ready to lobby congress to ban RONCO and all of those other friggin’ INFOMERCIALS from television. (I love RONCO. He produces another ‘kitchen-o-matic’ almost yearly, starting at just 4 easy pays of $99.99, which EVERY kitchen needs and two years later, it sells in the store for anything from $19.99 to $29.99.) Ever notice the 'CUT-O-MATIC VEGETABLE SLICERS with their sharp EASY KLEAN blades of stainless steel? Stainless, I was taught, doesn’t rust. Their version of stainless does.

I keep yammering for truth in advertising, but congress ignores me. (Our truth in advertising laws are so weak that in New Zealand, many American canned foods are not allowed because they do not display their complete ingredients.)

Mark
“Think of it as Evolution in action.”

MarkSerlin wrote:

That’s 'cause they add a little bit of sugar to them.
BTW, how many OLD McDonald’s slogans do y’all remember? No, no, not “old McDonald’s” as in “had a farm, E-I-E-I-O.” I mean, the current slogan is “Did Somebody Say McDonald’s?”, but I distinctly remember times when their slogan was:

• It’s A Good Time for the Great Taste of McDonald’s
  • You Deserve A Break Today
  • We Do It All For You

… and that’s as far back as my memory goes. Did they have other slogans?

Byzantine
You made me laugh out loud. I’m probably going to be repeating, “No I said pass the ammo!” at inopportune times from now on. I hope I don’t get arrested.

Nothing I write about any person or group should be applied to a larger group.

• Boris Badenov

“Do you believe in magic. . .”
– Sylence

And now, for my next trick, I will talk in spooky half-references.

Boris B – Thank you! I say it every time I see one of their ads. People just give me a weird look and slowly move away…

A little FYI: Mcshitheads received 466,000 from the U.S. Government in 1992 to promote chicken McNuggets overseas.

Cute huh? Our tax money going to annoy folks in other lands? America: Home of the few, the proud, the welfare companies from HELL!

Best!
Byz

What I hate about McDonald’s commercials is the overtly propagandistic tone. Happy people, with happy bouncy music in the background, I tell you, my pancreas wants to go into shock from it all. We’re all so happy to be eating at McDonalds… Come! Join us! Be one with the Big Mac! The one with the little kid going “I wuv this place”, and then the announcer going “Yes, me too” always wants to make me blow up the TV. Ronald McDonald can just go stick that up his ass with a bottle of ketchup, I say.

God is dead. -Nietzsche
Nietzsche is dead. -God
Neitzsche is God. -Dead

$99.99 or just four easy payments of $29.99!?!? What the HELL is that!!!???

Za’an kho’ku na tenshi no teeze. Kyoko Baby!

Welcome to non-sequitur theater! What the hell are you talking about!? Did you get the wrong thread? Have you recently eaten at McSHIT? Oh God! It’s true! They are putting drugs in the “food”!

Best!
Byz

I’ve got to break ranks here and stand up and admit that the new McDonalds commercial, “Fry2K” is pretty funny…

…the series of commercials that I hate are the Pepsi commercials with the little girl that sings…

The companies don’t care wheither you like their commercials or not. If you like the commercial, OK but they want you to think of their name. Seems to me by your reactions, they have succeeded.

Virtually yours,

DrMatrix

The worst part about McDonald’s (and all fast-food restaurants) commercials is that they are populated with happy employees, just all so smiling-ly happy to serve you junk food. I can say without fear of contradiction that I have never, never, NEVER seen a happy person behind the counter at McDonald’s/Burger King/Wendy’s/etc. They are all always scowling zombies, totally lacking in personality or warmth. Yes, I know it’s a terrible job, but I didn’t tell you to apply there.

How about that moon-faced mother fucker who used to sing that “It’s Mac toniiiiite!” song?

For that, and that alone, I hope McDonald’s gets consigned to the Seventh Circle of Hell.

You say “cheesy” like that’s a BAD thing.

Gradually every McDonald’s around me is abandoning its practice of making fresh-brewed iced tea. They are serving that “tea” made out of that tea syrup crap and it tastes awful. Tea bags are cheap…I can’t believe that iced tea mix is cheaper…of course it takes a certain number of employee hours to brew the tea. This is why I hate McDonald’s.

–Gail
“Predictable, really I suppose. It was an act of purest optimism to have posed the question in the first place.” --John Cleese