Men: Do You Wear an Undershirt?

Always for work. That’s just business casual, polo shirts and sweaters mostly. I don’t really like the look of the neck of a polo shirt without a shirt underneath. And it makes a polo shirt warm enough to wear in the winter. As far as sweaters, I can’t stand scratchy ones and it solves that too.

Yes. Tee, but looking into going tank someday…

No.

I hardly ever wear an undershirt. I’m usually wearing T-Shirts or loose-fitting button shirts when it’s warm, and sweatshirts or cotton sweaters in winter.

The exception would be today, when I wore a long-sleeve T-Shirt, but it was 26 degrees out, so I wore a tank-top underneath.

Since my self-styled work apparel is khaki tan, I wear various color tees, and match their tone with the scunci on my ponytail.

That’s my fashion statement, and I’m sticking to it.

Always a V Neck, unless I’m wearing an outerwear style t-shirt.

T-shirt underneath shirts & sweaters. Every single day.

Oh yea, I also wear one under a dress shirt because a)white ones are semi-transparent w/o a white T-shirt under it, and b) (TMI) dress shirts make my nipples sore for some reason.

EVIL DRESS SHIRT FABRICS!

And it is usually a T-Shirt or a white undershirt undershirt (you know what I mean). A V-Neck sometimes If I’m wearing a V Sweater.

I always wear a t-shirt under my other shirts whether the other shirt is flannel, a sweatshirt, or something else.

It just feels more comfortable.

Good grief, boys . . . haven’t you heard? Undershirts have been obsolete for more than half a century. When Clark Gable unbuttoned his shirt in IT HAPPENED ONE NIGHT and appeared in nothing but–gasp!–his naked chest!–that was the beginning of the end.

What’s good enough for Clark is good enough for me. No undershirt. Ever.

Glad to hear that you have 100% perfect use of toilet paper, and that your thingy never drips a drop when you put it back in your pants. And therefore, that your pants never get ugly stains in them.

How do you do it?

Always. But then, my style typically involves an undershirt covered by a loose, unbuttoned, short-sleeve over shirt, so the “undershirt” really isn’t. I just like the feeling of having an unbuttoned shirt flapping all over the place.

Plus, two layers of clothing help hide my manboobs. At least, I delude myself into thinking that. It’s a psychological thing.

I must agree with Splanky.

I wear starched cotton dress shirts.
In the winter they will rub your nipples raw with out a undershirt.

Why just “Men”? I always wear a theatre T-shirt between bra and shirt. I just like the idea of always wearing something from the theatre.

In December, the Big Boss lets me wear my “Christmas Carol” T-shirt outside my shirt.

No. Never

I can’t tell a undershirt from a tshirt, & I wear tshirts a lot being a surfer…

I notice local cops seem to wear them white ones alot.

No - they’re not easy to remove when you’re hot.

I’m an incredible schvitzer. It’s gotten better since I began shaving my underarms, but I tend to sweat just from moving around, even in cold weather.

I find a tee-shirt helps control what would be massive pit stains. I won’t wear an undershirt with something like a polo shirt or light button-down shirt (basically casual warm-weather wear), but if I’m wearing a dress shirt, or when I’m working (which requires me to wear a long-sleeved uniform shirt in all weather), I wear an undershirt.

Tees, not tanks. Crew neck, not vee neck.

Boxers, not briefs. Oh wait, that wasn’t part of the question, was it?

no. never.

I always wear an undershirt, I even have a specific kind I like to wear. Sleeveless, crewneck and kinda tight. I wear a suit all the time and it feels better to me with an undershirt.