Men: What Makes You Feel Appreciated?

Something about the BJ thing: it’s not the same as sex. It’s just BJs. As in, give him one, and then (unless he wants to continue) go off and do something else. Then do it again later.

Definite no on the flowers. I will never understand why anyone would spend $40 for something that’s going to die in a week. Buy a nice painting and some pot pourri if you want something that looks pretty and smells nice.

This. Taking care of our families is our job and a simple thanks is enough. Random BJs and hearing our wives brag about us to others, especially when she thinks we can’t hear - priceless.

Exactly.

Sex with a capital-S can involve a lot of work for a guy. A couple of BJs takes most of the burden off of his shoulders and makes it all about him.

HMMV.

Yeah, this. The most special treat I can give my husband is a deep full-body (mostly neck and back) 1-hour massage.

While sex is always great, an hour long head rub (that’s the big head, not the little one) is my absolute favorite and makes me feel appreciated. Ditto for the bragging to friends and relatives.

I also really appreciate it when she arranges for us to have dinner with her family and pays for them to bring in our favorite foods, one of which literally requires someone to drive into Mexico to get and deal with all the traffic at the border coming back…

Ooh! You don’t have to do flowers - you can do an edible arrangement instead. (You’ve seen the commercials - it’s a bunch of fruit cut up to look like flowers. Then he can share with his officemates.)

I was going to get one for my mom, but they don’t do rural western WI. One of my friend’s husband’s sent her one for her birthday, and it was the bomb.

No, don’t do that either.

Seriously.

God, I’m a woman and I once got an edible arrangement.

I thought it was a joke.

No edible arrangement? I always thought those were much more sensible than flowers. How about one of those big multi-flavor popcorn things?

Foot rub would be awesome

Wait, does your third sentence refer to…

“Thank you. And I mean really really thank you. This week you weren’t just my love but my salvation too.”. Stop and think how rarely some couples use good honest “thank you” words and if you fit the category, try them. I’m sure I’ve gotten some “thank you bj’s” but the words like above that my wife said after we got through her dad’s death are what I’ll always remember.

Sending cigars and whiskey to Littlebro would get the whiskey regifted to his friend The Golem and the cigars tossed away with a “WTF?”

Sending the same to Middlebro would, if the sender was “in the family”, the whiskey regifted to The Golem (he’s the only person in the group who drinks whiskey) and the cigars thrown back at the sender’s head, full force. At his wedding, some people asked him why wasn’t he giving away cigars…

“I don’t smoke. See that thin man at the head table? That’s my father, he’s dying of lung cancer. What was your question again?”

On the other hand, a case of Diet Coke to M or one of Normal Coke to L would go dandily.

Find some chore he dislikes (taking out the trash, washing windows, vacuuming, writing out the rent check) but does anyway, and tell him that from now that’s going to be YOUR job. Or find something you say or do (but could stop saying or doing if you put your mind to it) that really annoys him and stop saying or doing it.

I had a GF who would periodically tell me how much she appreciated my angelic properties, but would then proceed to piss me off in ways she knew annoyed me. (When she was feeling insecure, for example, she would fish for compliments, and not subtly. She would march up to me and demand “Tell me how beautiful I am. And make it good.”) Kind of undermined the verbal message she’d just sent, and make me think when I’d get it again, “Oh, please. Talk is cheap.”

That’s a crock of shit. You don’t have to be a smoker to enjoy a Romeo Y Julieta.

What do you propose to do with it, light it up and capture the smoke in spun sugar like some Nueva Cocina cooks did? Stare at it? Frame it?

The purpose of giving cigars is that they be smoked. Giving cigars to people who never smoke is stupid. It’s acceptable if you’re doing it as a “general gift” thing like a wedding or birth announcement, but we’re talking about specific gifts to a specific person. If Mr Olives doesn’t smoke, giving him cigars wouldn’t be a good gift any more than giving me a mechanical handsaw would be a good gift (Middlebro would love one, though).

Jeez, cigars are made to be puffed on, not their smoke inhaled.

I’m not sure, but for the sake of Science I am willing to test out all the suggestions previously offered in this thread.

If you are looking for smaller coin than dinner or BJs: extrapolating from myself men very much like getting compliments - you know, what women get as a matter of course from men but women are much more sparing with (my theory is that they don’t want it to be mistaken as a come-on). Occasionally I do get a compliment (always from very married women), and it makes my day. I don’t often notice other men getting complimented by their ladies either.