Merry Christmas everybody!

It’s a few minutes into Christmas Day here, and I’m off to bed. Yesterday (Saturday) I got most of my baking done for Christmas gifts (I give cookies and yeast breads and quick breads and brownies and stuff instead of bought things these days). I woke up Sunday morning with an aching head, stuffed sinuses, and overall malaise. Just what I wanted – a cold for Christmas!

Extra added bonus: Teddy, the middle member of ETF, didn’t want his breakfast and was lethargic. This is a cat who never refuses a meal. So it was off at midday to the emergency animal hospital, a half-hour drive away. Two-plus hours and $119 later, I left with a complaining cat for whom no diagnosis had revealed itself. Damn cat ate supper a couple of hours after we got home. Oh, and I missed lunch and was operating on cold medicine and a banana eaten at 9:30 a.m. till 4:00 p.m.

So what about Christmas? My 88-year-old mom is frail, on oxygen, in a wheelchair, and does not need a respiratory infection. She’s terribly disappointed I won’t be coming to the assisted living place for the noontime Christmas dinner, nor be with her in the afternoon when my brother and his family will be coming over. I’m bummed likewise, plus what the hell do I do with all those baked goodies I made yesterday as presents?

But… I feel a lot better now. Sometimes, hitting an incipient cold right away with meds will knock it out of me. Mayvbe when I wake up tomorrow I’ll feel fine. Maybe…

Aw, well. Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

Right now, I’m in the middle of cleaning my apartment, eating some homemade quesadillas, and watching “The Wire.” Not Christmasy. But hey, it’s all good.

Merry Christmas to everyone who celebrates it! And to everyone else, Happy Holidays!

According to Pliny, in my book ANY excuse is a good excuse to set off some fireworks. Or celebrate. I’d happily celebrate Tet or Hanukkah, and I’ve been to a few terrific Chinese New Year celebrations. And my family opens all the presents on New Year’s Eve (though it’s not because we’re oh-so-Continental; we’re just impatient).

But I won’t do Boxing Day; I’m against pugilism.

Merry Christmas, everyone. I was out at the store today, and it was amazing how friendly and cheerful everyone was.

Here’s a Christmas photo for your enjoyment.

Y’all have a Cool Yule!

A little while ago, I returned from an almost archetypal Norman Rockwell Christmas Eve celebration held at a neighbor’s house. (I have been doing that for decades now).

There’s dinner, then the singing of Christmas carols (with my electric guitar accompaniment of course :slight_smile: ), a visit from Santa (yep, he shows up there every year) and then everyone relaxes and talks. It is really quite the celebration to attend.

And, Merry Christmas to the SDMB.

I ruined 2 out of 9 of the Christmas delights I had planned for tomorrow, but Merry Christmas anyhow! clinks martini glass

Rhiannon8404, the Kiddo, and I are about to head off to midnight mass (which starts at midnight, preceded by 30 minutes of carols, which means we need to arrive around 11:00 to get a seat). We’ve been assured that Santa knows we’ll be out of the house at midnight and will delay his visit until we have a chance to get safely into bed, so it’s all good.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and Joy to the World!

May you all have a joyful and safe holiday!

Cajun Man, I love your seasonally appropriate signature line.

Merry Christmas to all out there.

Off to my brothers for Christmas lunch…I’ll have a smashing time and I may even get sloshed…oh sod it I will get sloshed

Merry Merries everyone :slight_smile:

It’s been a good day down here in NZ. May your heads and your digestive systems treat you kindly after your Christmas cheer! Have great times. :slight_smile:

Merry/Happy Whichever you may or may not celebrate today, even if it’s just have Good Monday!

My grandmother, at the age of 102, is able to celebrate Christmas with us. Talk about a happy holiday! I’ll be sad when she finally goes to meet the original birthday boy, but just want to enjoy her for as long as she’s around.

Over the Hudson River and through the Catskills, to my baby brother’s house we go!

Merry Christmas!

Vesele Vanoce to all Dopers, and an early wish for a Happy St. Stephen’s Day and Epiphany!

Took the day off work. Got a shave and a haircut. Breakfast at Fudds. Went to the Apple store where I spent the day in the back room with the Techs cleaning the feather out of my computer and downloading updates.

It made the day go.

I wish all of you a happy family holiday.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Now gather all your coal together and we can cook dinner :wink:

Merry whatever, guys! shares out the eggnog and leftover apple pie

So I bound down the stairs of my parent’s house today, to come have some breakfast before we start opening presents. I grab a nice fresh poppy seed bagel out, toast it and cover it up good with lots of cream cheese. Sit down with the newspaper…

and manage to shatter a temporary crown with the bagel. :smack: Of course the crown won’t go back on right and the emergency room doesn’t handle dental problems and won’t refer us to anyone. Fortunately it doesn’t hurt. Whee!