Message Board abbreviations

I’m a newbie to the Boards, who knows some of the abbreviations (LOL, BTW) but some of the rest stump me. Is there some kind of on-line orientation handbook I can consult as I tread carefully down the paths to knowledge?

Or if this has been a thread before, anyone out there know?

Oh baby. Do a Search in ATMB for Any Date with the word “abbreviation” and then step aside so as not to be crushed by the avalanche of threads.

:smiley:

Er, seeing as how you just registered a few hours ago, I will add that ATMB stands for “About This Message Board”, not a website somewhere.

Search function is up there in the top right hand corner, Smilies legend (for smilie faces) is down at the bottom left-hand, you have to click on Show Signature before you click on Submit Reply every time or it won’t show, use Preview Reply and save yourself a LOT of grief.

Read old threads here in ATMB to learn an amazing amount about how the SDMB works. A surprising amount of non-technical but still important information is contained herein.

Welcome! :slight_smile:

Here try these 2 for some help.
Attn Newcomers - Abbreviations List and Acronyms (abbreviations?)

Jim

Thank you, Duck Duck Goose and JimB for the assist. Ice Wolf is happy that I now have a guide to the language. Thanks again. You’re welcome in my den anytime.

BTW, I notice I’ve been a last poster on some threads. Folks, I’m not trying to be a deliberate MOLOSTER. Maybe I’m just forever late for the party …

Got you covered, Pard. I’ll take the MOLOSTER bullet this time. :wink: