Board Abbreviations?

Hey all,
I’m a relative newbie (just about 2 weeks now!) and this is actually my first ever “new thread”. I have some questions regarding abbreviations that I see alot on this board and for the life of me, I can’t figure them out!

FWIW and IIRC are used quite often. Also, how do you guys make those cute smiley faces, frowny faces, etc?

Sorry to be such a lame ass, but any help you can give would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
voorvie :slight_smile:

For Acronymns(abbreviations?) click on that link that is found in the About This Message Board Forum.

For smilies, click on the FAQ at the top of the page (or the top of the home page). Smilies are the second or third question.

Welcome to our humble home Voorvie!

Althought this thread will more than likely get moved to the About this Message Board forum, here’s what you’re looking for:

FWIW = For what it’s worth

IIRC = If I recall (remember) correctly

Look HERE for smiley info.

This link will take you to the Smilies explanation page. (Just don’t let Chief Scott catch you usingthem.)

This thread really ought to be over in ATMB, but since Voorvie is new here and might not know to check the “Moved Threads” thread, I’ll just leave it here for a little while longer.

This is a running gag, no? What is the story on this one?

Drawing and quartering the “smiley” originator.

Thanks. I’d been wondering :slight_smile:

**sub
        [/sub]O
        º
      sub)[/sub]
        +
        A
        " **