My parent used to use this red stuff in an eyedropper type bottle on cuts. What was it? Do they still sell it?

Hello astro,

Well, it’s actually called Merthiolate, which is a trade name for thimerisol. Here are a couple of links about it.

Crap! And it was right in front of me. Sorry

There was also mecuricrome, which didn’t burn. It is the red stain medicine of choice for end times preparations.

Thanks! Great site!

I notice that they classify Vaseline as indispensable as well. Perhaps it should be remarketed as “End Times Preparation.” Sorry.