Michael Barone wins douchiest post election comment of the week award

Politico.

Ok, maybe that moron from Georgia that compared Obama to Hitler is worse, but Michael Barone has made a strong move of his own:

His ridiculous, CYA emial trying to claim it was a joke is almost as ridiculous as the statement itself. I thought right wing derangemet was bad during the Clinton years, but Obama’s election – and the utter repudiation by voters of Bush era, Fox News/hate radio style conservatism that went along with it – are making these guys all but lose control of their bowels. They’re spouting more insane crap every day.

Does Barone’s statement represent what social conservatives really think about liberals? Is that what righties honestly believe – that liberals actually WANT women to get abortions and are disappointed if they don’t? Seriously? That’s what they think? How many moons are there in the dittohead sky?

Well, that’s pretty much the truth. We liberals live mainly on fetus pie.

As a fellow enthusiast of deadpan humor, I commiserate with Mr. Barone. I’ve faced a years-long battle to convince my wife that my drunken “threesome with her sister” proposal was just a joke.

Oh and down’s syndrome fetus, so tender!

Well, except for the welfare queens who make up a significant portion of our side- they can’t afford ovens, so they usually make do with fetus open-face sandwiches.

Ya, it was a joke, that’s it.

No? A pun then.

Uh, I mean… Oh, you know, one of them things that’s the same backwards and forwards. Ya.

Here in michigan, we’re now just cloning fetuses and aborting them over and over again for kicks.

It’s the only kind you can use for foetus tartare.

Mr. Elinoff: It’s a slice of life.

Elaine: No, it isn’t.

Mr. Elinoff: Pun?

Elaine: I don’t think so.

Mr Elinoff: Vorshtein?

Elaine: That’s not a word…You have no idea what this means do you?

Mr Elinoff: No.

I think you’re confusing “palindrome” and “Palin-drone”, there.

:smiley:

Oh dear Jesus on a stick, why the hell do you think it’s called pro-CHOICE? Someone needs to tell these righties that pro-choice != pro-abortion!

:smack:

It’s the low muscle tone. Trust me on this. I prefer trisomy gravy, and Treacher-Collins on a stick, now there’s good eating! Who’s with me?

…and tastes like chicken.

To be fair, someone also needs to tell those lefties that pro-life and anti-choice aren’t synonyms. Both “anti-choice” and “pro-abortion” as phrases drive me up the wall.

What’s inaccurate about “anti-choice?” They do indeed want to remove the choice.

I like mine sauteed in a little butter and served in a lobster carapace with just a squirt of ginger-brandy sauce. You people can eat it however you like. Heathens.

How are the “pro-life” people not “anti-choice?”

I think you’re at odds with the vast majority of people who call themselves “pro-life”. Every single person I’ve seen to self-apply that term is indeed anti-choice.

Perhaps a better term would be “pro-choice” and “anti-abortion”. Basically, you personally feel abortion is wrong-BUT, you feel that everyone has to make their own decision.

Honestly, that’s KIND of how I feel-and besides, never having BEEN pregnant, I don’t know how I’d react even then.