Michael Moore's "October Surprise"

Michael Moore has released what he calls his “October Surprise” - his latest film, Trumpland, which appears to be a film version of his one-man show of the same name.

Why do I have the feeling that all of his talk up to this point that he was fairly certain Trump would get elected was just an act, so when he released the film and then Clinton gets elected, he can take at least some credit for it?

I think this is not really an “October Surprise”, it’s more along the lines of “HEY! please pay attention to me and then I can pretend that I’m still relevant!”

You have that feeling because Michael Moore is a dick.

so, none of you have seen it?

It premiered yesterday in one theater afaik, so almost no one has. But as the reviews seem to indicate it’s a clear pro-Hillary thing, I don’t see how that invalidates the above speculation.

Here’s the New York Times review. Supposedly it’s far more pro-Hillary than anti-Trump.

I’m a solid lefty and I think Michael Moore is a dick.

I’m guessing it has more to do with $$$.

Really, if this was about the money he would have rolled it out more than 3 weeks before the election. Moore cemented himself as a dick in my mind with that stunt he pulled when he won “best documentary” years ago but I have to think this is just him trying to use his soapbox to support Hillary. She’s well ahead right now so it’s kind of ludicrous to think he can claim credit for her win and he only has 3 weeks to make money off it.

If it ever becomes a poll question, I’m with you.

This looks like an “October surprise” in the same vein as the “October surprise” Trump unveiled back in 2012, when he offered to give $5 million to a charity of Obama’s choice if he released his college records.

I still haven’t forgiven him for endorsing Ralph Nader.