Middle Earth FA65 D&D 5th Ed support Thread

It is a disadvantage shot, so somewhat tough. You do so much more damage in melee, you should try to get to them.

Got it, how sturdy is the wall of boxes, can it be knocked down?

How much shelter from thrown boulders will my shield provide?

You see 1 box not well set, you could basically scramble over two 4’ boxes and attack them in round 2.

I’m away from my computer but your shield adds either 3 or 4 to your AC

Ok, going in with the shield for cover to try and get over the boxes. Hopefully some of our magic users can provide a little cover while I charge.

How tall are the trolls?

11’ and 13’ but crouching except to throw.

Felareth may be out of Bardic Inspiration after the Cutting Words, but he can still react to anyone unfortunate enough to roll a 1 on an attack or save by granting Bountiful Luck, at least after his next turn.

I will post soon. I think we’re checked in for the combat.
1st round posted. 2nd coming. @Glee, hope it is OK, I had Ghan throw an entangle for round 2 along with healing Ceol.
2nd round is up.

That’s fine about the Entangle ( didn’t want to get our Fighters in the area of effect.)

I’m waiting for posts in the game thread. Just making sure that you’re not waiting on me.

Some notes:

• Identify in 5e is 100% unlike 1st Ed. You must touch the object or creature though.
  • Arcana & History can sometimes reveal information about objects. These rolls can of course be used together where one person helps the other for an Advantage roll and of course Guidance can be given and a History Bonus in this case by Hejren.
  • The group should organize a little in the investigations and mention how they’re working together and if History aid and/or Guidance is being used.

I editied in, but I forgot something big:
The entire contraption on a tinker or investigation skill check of 18 will be determined to be counting down to something. But to what? A further check after observing for at least an hour will give a guess of the countdown being 11 days away!

Is it outputing 4 8 15 16 23 42? :wink:
Since I’m not playing will blur my question

Is anything else happening in 11 days? an eclipse?

Brian

The Date: May 27. So 11 days takes us to June 7th. Perhaps the Historian knows of its importance.The countdown is just a lot of wheels, gears, springs and clackers. It tooks even Bitur a while to figure out it was counting down and in what increments.

If it were September 11, it would be 11 days to Bilbo’s and Frodo’s birthday. I had a vision of the device springing open on that date, and a very crispy Gollum popping out: “Sssssurprisssse! Happy birthday, precioussss!” :smiley:

I can’t think of any significance to June 7 in Middle-earth.

Can I check a moral question - are we allowed to take the Chief Troll’s treasure?

I don’t see why not. Time honored tradition. Gandalf, The Dwarves & Bilbo didn’t hesitate.

While that’ true, Bilbo never thought of the troll gold as his; he gave it all away.

He could’ve kept it all - or most of it, don’t want to be too greedy - and I don’t think anyone in the Shire would’ve thought the less of him.