Minnesotan Dopers?

I work in downtown Minneapolis and live in Eagan. Anyone else around here?

Most common question I ask: “What?”
Most common question I get: “Are you really hearing impaired?”

Is that anywhere near Orlando, FL? Because, if so, we are neighbors.

Yes, the weather is the same up here. Yes, I play basketball. No, never heard a tall joke before. Aaaargh.

I used to be from MN. My family moved from Hibbing. I have relatives in Hibbing, Lino Lakes, St. Paul and Virginia

Just add water, it makes it’s own sauce!

I live in Richfield and work in Golden Valley.

I live in Woodbury and work in Mahtomedi.

OK Minnesotans! UncleBeer pointed me to this link, as I was posting that we should see if we can plan a s/d get together. I work in downtown minneapolis, and either here or St. Paul work out best for me. Any other takers?

thanks

Me too! I live in north Minneapolis, and currently work in Eagan. I’d love to attend a SD GT. Usually the best bet is to pick a restaurant that everyone likes and can get to, and then meet there one weekend.

That would work for me. :slight_smile:

I work in Eagan and lurk from my home in Bloomington.

OK, time to start throwing some names into the ring…

anyone up for Nye’s (the polka bar)
Joe’s Garage (by Loring Park)
CC:Club (uptown)

anyplace else or do one of these work?

Rysdad, Punkyova, rubes, Lumpy, Per and me.

Six people. Not bad!

Never been to any of them. I’d like to suggest somewhere with a semi-quiet atmosphere so we can talk. Other than that, beer must be available.

My suggestion:

Glueck’s (downtown Mpls)

Men are from Mars, women are from Venus, dogs are from Pluto.

Mull, I don’t think you anywhere near the OP, but you ARE close to me in Tampa. :slight_smile:

“Love given when it is inconvenient is the greatest love of all. Kindnesses that are shared at a high cost to oneself are the most dear.”

Don’t know who said it, but I like it.

I’ve found Glueks to be loud, as the sounds keep resonating off all of the wooden funiture/walls, but would be up for giving it a shot. Now, what about a date and time?

I’m not hooked on Glueck’s, rubes. If you have a better suggestion… shoot, any one of the places you already mentioned is fine with me. In fact, Glueck’s food kinda bites.

Forget I said Glueck’s, okay?

Whatever the locale, I’d like to suggest Saturday, November 20, 6:00 P.M.

OK, If it’s alright w/everyone, let’s give Joe’s Garage a chance. Their slogan is “Reinventing American Food” and they actually got a write up in USA TODAY as one of the best restaurants w/outdoor seating in the US.

If we go between 4-7pm m-f, everything is 2 for 1, too.

I meant to state between 4-7 m-f all DRINKS are two for one. (Screwdrivers, beer, cider, manhattens, whatever)

Works for me! Choose a day, y’all. The only day that I absolutely cannot come would be November 19.

Oh - and tonight.

Any night except Tuesdays or Thursdays would be OK with me.

How does this Friday 11/12 work? A little short notice, I know…

I gotta check my bank account and the mood of my main man…

Can I let you know tomorrow?

Oh… and I guess it’d be nice if it were attended by more people than just me and el rubes.