So, inspired by the Christmas Candy thread I made my own marshmallows tonight. It really was easy!
My plan was to make mint marshmallows to put in cocoa. the recipe called for 1TBSP vanilla so I subbed 1 TBSP peppermint extract. Eek! Big Mistake! Too much mint!!! The marshmallows are extremely, aggressively minty… too minty. Somewhere between toothpaste and altoids. What I had in mind was more like buttermints.
How can I save them? I thought about dipping them in chocolate, but will that just taste like chocolate-covered toothpaste? Any brilliant ideas, dopers?
ETA: Sorry about misspelling Marshmallow in the title. sigh