Miracle at Garabandal

This is exactly a “here we go again” claim.

You’ve mentioned two statements, neither of which have come true in any way that even the most devoted (or demented) believers can claim, and a third statement of a miracle to be named later.

Nothing must be conceded to this all-too-typical instance of vague, “it-means-anything-we-can put-together-after-the-fact” prophecy.

There must have been thousands of other equally vague prophesies concerning the Popes made over the past thousand years. Nothing about this one is any more convincing.

Unless on his deathbed, two seconds before he dies he says he sees all!! :dubious:

The reason I am highlighting certain aspects of the case is to show this is not just any case. Thousands of people flocked and watched the girls (and filmed them) doing some strange things when they were allegedly seeing and hearing these things.

I am not trying to preach. I am trying to point out that this is not Joe Random claiming he’s seen an image of God. And I am trying to find other, similar cases that have gained large followings and have similar empirical measures of testing attached to them.

The features you point out do not elevate the claims of these people above the level of many others. People doing strange things while claiming to be communicating with entities that only they can see are two a penny. There are any number of such claims, and many of them attract large followings.

Maybe these are end times!

They just made a movie version of “Dukes of Hazzard”. If that isn’t a clear sign that the Apocalypse is nigh, I don’t know what is…

I wonder if these girls will be offering any bridges up for sale anytime soon.