Misread thread titles

Evidently, I was not the only one who read the “Of men and their onanic activity” thread

Trump to hand over US control to the Dope Oct 31!!

Some People See Me as THE STRAIGHT POPE

I keep glancing across the “Trump Perry sign racist” thread and seeing it as “Tyler Perry sign racist”, except for the one time that I saw it as “Tom Petty sign racist.”

And the “Is fighting tyranny a purpose of the 2nd amendment” thread? Well, I never misread it in the top page for Great Debates, but once when it was listed in abbreviated version in the “latest post” area at the top listing for the forums, I once saw it as “Is fighting tranny a purpose…”

Not a misread title, so much, but I still wonder why everyone is upset with the Bureau of Land Management all the time. Also ways takes me half a second to realize that’s not what #BLM means.

That one gets me every time too.

Having lived out in sagebrush rebellion country for a decade or two, I always wonder what the Bureau did to piss off the sun-baked crazies this time. Then I remember that’s probably not what BLM means in today’s context.

That was especially bad during the Malheur occupation (even though Fish and Wildlife runs that, some people probably use “BLM” as a catchall phrase for federal government land administration.) Because some people were like “Well, what about BLM?” and at first I thought they were saying “yeah, the Malheur occupiers are bad but the federal government’s pretty violent and heavy handed too!” but what they were actually saying was “I think these occupiers are being treated with kid gloves compared to the much less violent BLM because of their race.” (Or maybe they were saying the movements were similar, I can’t recall.)

If you read the thread, all I see is “YaM for your teeth”. It fits so nicely as well.

Notable quotes (nonreligious) I read as Notable quotes (Norwegian)

The thread title/OP combo

Two car questions [identification related]
by Lucas Jackson

I read as Lucas “Two Cars” Jackson.

Not a thread title but a news headline:

Why men are uncomfortable talking about Weinstein.

I read as:

Why men are uncomfortable talking about Wisconsin.
mmm

**Bone Simulation. **

Ativan questions and help, please

I knew there were people who have no use for mini-vans, but I didn’t know there was a cult of them.

This was a Facebook headline:

Trump Scraps Visit to Korean DMZ due to weather
which I misread as
Trump Scraps Korean DMZ :eek:

Hobbits for the not-so-wise

Jesus Sean Hannity Christ…

Sean Parker regrets his role in cofounding Facebook.

Oh. Not “confounding”.

Is your vision pixielated?

me, too.

Recent Amazing Screw-ups.